Beacon Island (Cumberland Sound, Nunavut)
Location in Canada
|Archipelago||Canadian Arctic Archipelago|
Beacon Island is an uninhabited island in the Qikiqtaaluk Region of Nunavut, Canada. It lies in the Cumberland Sound, at the mouth of the Pangnirtung Fiord, near Upajjana Island off Baffin Island's Cumberland Peninsula. Akulagok Island, Aupaluktok Island, Imigen Island, Kekerten Island, Kekertukdjuak Island, Tesseralik Island, Tuapait Island, and Ugpitimik Island are in the vicinity.
Three other Beacon Islands exist in Nunavut:
- One in Hudson Strait, in the Nascopie Reefs, east of Dorset Island
- One in North Bay, Baffin Island, south of Anguttuaq Island
- One in Ungava Bay, off Cape Naujaat, on the west side of the mouth of the George River
- "Beacon Island". travelingluck.com. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- Beacon Island (Cumberland Sound) in the Atlas of Canada - Toporama; Natural Resources Canada
- Beacon Island (Hudson Strait) in the Atlas of Canada - Toporama; Natural Resources Canada
- Beacon Island (North Bay) in the Atlas of Canada - Toporama; Natural Resources Canada
- Beacon Island (Ungava Bay) in the Atlas of Canada - Toporama; Natural Resources Canada
|This Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|