Princes Highway, Beaconsfield
|Elevation||102 m (335 ft)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Cardinia|
|State electorate(s)||Gembrook, Narre Warren South|
|Federal Division(s)||La Trobe|
Beaconsfield is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 46 km south-east from Melbourne's central business district. Its local government area is the Shire of Cardinia. At the 2011 Census, Beaconsfield had a population of 6,412.
The suburb has its own railway station.
Beaconsfield Post Office opened on 7 October 1878; Beaconsfield Railway Station Post Office opened on 1 January 1883. In 1891 Beaconsfield was renamed Beaconsfield Upper and around 1902 Beaconsfield Railway Station was renamed Beaconsfield.
The town has an Australian Rules football team competing in the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League, which is where football stars Brendan Fevola, Chris Newman, Tim Barker and Austinn Jones formerly played.
The local cricket side is a powerhouse in the WGCA, and won the 2004/05, 2005/06 and 2010/11 Premierships
Notable people from Beaconsfield
- Vanessa Amorosi - professional singer who had several Top 40 chart hits
- Len Maddocks - former Australian cricketer
- Brendan Fevola - Australian rules footballer
- Race the Fray – alternative rock and pop punk band.
- Austinn Jones - Australian rules footballer, St Kilda FC
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "2011 Community Profiles: Beaconsfield (State Suburb)". 2011 Census of Population and Housing. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Beaumont, Early Days of Berwick 1979 p.112
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008