Beam Fiber (also known as Beam Telecom Pvt Ltd and formerly Beam Cable Systems Pvt Ltd) is an Indian Internet Service Provider with its major operations based in Hyderabad, India and Bangalore. The company has been operating since 2006 and is now a part of ACT Group.
Infrastructure and services
Beam Fiber introduced fiber to the home for the first time in Hyderabad providing high speed internet connectivity at economy packages by implementing optical fiber technologies. With the use of intelligent routing (BGP), dual path redundancy (N+1 Redundancy) and 1:1 Symmetric Duplex communication system, Beam Fiber introduced dedicated leased line to provide solutions for enterprises and large scale organizations.
- Obtained Class-B ISP License  for the state of Andhra Pradesh
- Dedicated leased lines service launched
- Obtained Internet Telephony Service Provider (IT SP) license to augment the existing ISP license.
- Received investment from India Value Fund via Atria Convergence Technologies Pvt. Ltd (ACT Group)
- Launched 'fiber to the home (FTTH/FTTX)' Solutions for multi-dwelling units.
Beam Fiber was in the news in February 2014 for blocking the consumer review and rating site MouthShut.com. As a result more than 500,000 Beam subscribers could not access MouthShut.com. Thousands of users on Twitter slammed this move by Beam Fiber. NDTV channel carried an interview of MouthShut.com CEO, Faisal Farooqui, expressing surprise at the ban. After 48 hours of public pressure and notices, it was reported that MouthShut.com was unblocked.
- Beam Fiber Main Website
- ACT Group Website
- IVFA Official Website
- Duplex and symmetry
- Class-B ISP License Department of Telecommunications, India