Bear Creek Township, Hancock County, Illinois
|Bear Creek Township|
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.32 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.26 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||640 ft (195 m)|
|• Density||9.5/sq mi (3.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62313, 62321, 62341, 62379, 62380|
|GNIS feature ID||0428643|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.32 square miles (94.1 km2), of which 36.26 square miles (93.9 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these four cemeteries: Bethel, Graham, South Basco and West Basco.
Cozart Cemetery is located south of Elvastan in the middle of a field now farmed by the Geissler Brothers. This cemetery is timed in the 19th century and is also the resting place for Alexander K. Patterson, one of four war veterans buried in Handcock
- Hamilton Community Consolidated School District 328
- Southeastern Community Unit School District 337
- Warsaw Community Unit School District 316
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Bear Creek Township". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Montebello Township||Prairie Township||Carthage Township|
|Wythe Township||Harmony Township|
|Walker Township||St. Albans Township||Chili Township|