Bear Mountain (band)
|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Genres||Indie, Dance, Alternative, Electronic|
|Labels||Last Gang Records|
|Associated acts||Top Less Gay Love Tekno Party|
Bear Mountain is a Canadian indie band from Vancouver, British Columbia. They released their first album XO on Last Gang Records in May 2013. Bear Mountain have toured as direct support for Bloc Party, Hot Chip, MS MR and have played major festivals including Lollapalooza, The Governor's Ball, Sasquatch! Music Festival, Osheaga and Austin City Limits.
The group was originally formed as a solo project by Ian Bevis. After playing several shows solo as Bear Mountain, Bevis invited friend Kyle Statham to join the band. The group wrote and recorded their debut album XO in their home studio, and self-released the EP in August 2012. Initial reception for the EP was positive, with taste-maker blogs The Fader and Consequence of Sound praising the sound.
Members Greg Bevis and Kenji Rodriguez were added to the lineup, with Bevis playing drums and keyboards, and Rodriguez performing live visuals as a full-time member of the band.
Bear Mountain is managed by The Artists Organization.
- Ian Bevis
- Kyle Statham
- Greg Bevis
- Kenji Rodriguez
- Magazine, Billboard. "SXSW Shorts". Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- The Georgia Straight. "Bear Mountain's XO is full of memorable, original sounds". The Georgia Straight. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- The Fader. "Bear Mountain, Congo". The Fader. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- Consequence of Sound. "Album Review: Bear Mountain XO". Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Interview Magazine. "Bear Mountains Ascent". Retrieved 12 August 2013.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|