Bearcreek Township, Jay County, Indiana
Location in Jay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.25 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.23 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||43.6/sq mi (16.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453101|
Bearcreek Township was organized in 1836.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.25 square miles (93.9 km2), of which 36.23 square miles (93.8 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water. The streams of Deer Creek and Tri Run run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Wabash Township, Adams County (north)
- Jefferson Township, Adams County (northeast)
- Wabash Township (east)
- Noble Township (southeast)
- Wayne Township (south)
- Jackson Township (west)
- Hartford Township, Adams County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Borris, Old Baptist and Pingrey.
- "Bearcreek Township, Jay County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Jay, Milton T. (1922). History of Jay County, Indiana: Including Its World War Record and Incorporating the Montgomery History, Volume 1. Historical Publishing Company. p. 98.