Beast (South Korean band)
Beast performing at Lotte Giants 2010 Special Concert.
From left to right: Yoon Doo-Joon, Son Dong-Woon, Lee Gi-Kwang, Yang Yo-Seob, Jang Hyun-Seung, Yong Jun-Hyung.
|Also known as||B2ST|
|Genres||K-pop, dance, R&B|
|Years active||2009– present|
|Labels||Cube Entertainment (South Korea)
Universal Music Group (International)
|Associated acts||4Minute, G.NA, Huh Gak, A Pink, BtoB|
Beast (//; Korean: 비스트; stylized as BEAST or B2ST) is a six-member boy band from South Korea, formed in 2009 by Cube Entertainment. The band's members are Yoon Doo-joon, Jang Hyun-seung, Yong Jun-hyung, Yang Yo-seob, Lee Gi-kwang, and Son Dong-woon.
Beast has released one Korean full-length album, six Korean mini-albums, one Japanese full-length and various singles. The group's debut release was in October, 2009, when their first mini-album, Beast Is the B2ST, was made available. They then released their first full-length album, Fiction and Fact, in 2011, receiving their first triple crown on M.net's M! Countdown for their lead single Fiction. In the same year, Beast made their Japanese debut with the release of the single, Shock (Japanese Version).
The group gained attention for the lack of industry success previously experienced by its members, with media outlets referring to them as "a group of recycled material". However, the group has achieved significant commercial and critical accolades with time, winning the Bonsang award at the Seoul Music Awards in both 2011 and 2012. Beast won the Artist of the Year (Daesang) award at the Melon Music Awards and Album of the Year for Fiction and Fact at the Gaon Chart Awards for the second quarter of the year in 2011. "Fiction" also won a Daesang for "Song of the Year" at the 2011 KBS Music Festival.
2009–2010: Debut and Shock of the New Era
Prior to their debut, Korean news outlets reported that Cube Entertainment would be releasing a new boy group known as "B2ST", pronounced "Beast". This name was changed to "Beast" before their debut, but the group retains the original stylisation in all their promotional material. Beast's fanclub name became "B2uty", pronounced "Beauty", in reference to the fairy tale of Beauty and the Beast.
In October 2009, Beast held their debut showcase at the MTV GongGae Hall and made their live performance debut on KBS Music Bank with their debut single, "Bad Girl". A documentary recording the story of the group's debut titled MTV B2ST was filmed during this time, showing the members as they filmed their first music video and bonded with each other. Their debut mini-album, Beast Is the B2ST featured five songs, including the intro track "Beast Is the B2ST", "Mystery" and "Oasis". The song "Yet" (아직은, Ajigeun) was banned from airplay due to swearing in Jun-hyung's rap. Beast won their first award, Rookie of the Month for December, awarded by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
In early 2010, Beast promoted their second single, "Mystery", from the mini-album, with live performances on the weekly music shows. The members created their own humorous amateur music video for the song, featuring fellow Korean pop singers including members of Girls' Generation and Kara. The mini-album went on to sell 40,000 copies, an unusual feat for a Korean rookie group, with the album's original print run of 20,000 copies selling out in its first month.
In January 2010, Beast and their labelmates, girl group 4minute, signed with world-wide album company Universal Music Group for their international promotions and album launches, and began their first international promotions in Taiwan with 4minute. The group was awarded the Best Newcomer Award alongside girl groups T-ara and After School at the 19th Seoul Music Awards in February 2010.
"A sample from Beast's second title track, Shock."
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Beast released their second mini-album Shock of the New Era in March 2010 with the lead single "Shock". The mini album’s release took place a day earlier than scheduled after it was leaked on YouTube. The group achieved their first number-one win on Mnet’s M! Countdown with "Shock". The album quickly sold 20,000 copies in Korea, and was certified into the Gold Disk category in Singapore. Reviews of the title track described it has having both powerful vocals and a rock-influenced strong sound, a departure from the pop feel of their debut single, and praised the complex choreography for the track in live performances.
During the promotion period for "Shock", the group performed an orchestra version of Korean group Noel's ballad "Despite Holding On" (붙잡고도, Butjapgodo), and were recognized as a boy group with outstanding singing ability. A digital single version of their track "Easy" from their Shock of the New Era album was released in April 2010 with the title "Easy (Sincere Ver.)". The track used strings and piano as opposed to the hip-hop feel and electronic instruments of the original.
In August 2010, Beast received the Golden Disk Award from Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand at the '2010 Summer CUBE Stars Party' in Seoul. Beast and 4minute also became the first Korean artists to be invited to perform on the Singapore Youth Olympics pre-opening stage. The group was awarded with the Cool Star Award in the 2010 Mnet 20's Choice Awards. American R&B musician Omarion made a surprise appearance as a guest onstage with the group as they received their award. Omarion had earlier invited Beast to perform with him after viewing a YouTube clip of the group delivering a dance performance of his single "Ice Box".
2010: Mastermind, Lights Go On Again, and My Story
On September 17, 2010, Beast released the song "Jumeogeul Kkwak Jwigo” (주먹을 꽉 쥐고, lit. Clenching a Tight Fist) as a single from their 3rd mini-album, Mastermind. The song gained anticipation and attention from the public for the excellent vocal ability they displayed. Mastermind was released on September 28, 2010. On October 8, 2010, a week after their comeback, Beast claimed first place on KBS Music Bank with the song "Soom” (숨, lit. Breath) from Mastermind. The song was noted for its original sound and distinctive choreography. On October 23, 2010, Beast is one of the recipient of the Asia Influential Artist Award which is given to those who had gained the most attention in Asia for the year.
On November 3, 2010, Beast opened up the preorder sales for their 4th mini-album named Lights Go On Again. The album took the top 5 spots on the Mnet music charts on November 8, 2010, with their lead track, “Beautiful” debuting at 1st place, while the album’s remaining four tracks placed 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th respectively. According to album sales site Hanteo, the group’s album sales showed great success, with their sales figures ranked first. On November 15, 2010, Beast released the first part of the relay music drama from the 4th mini-album on their official YouTube channel. It garnered interest from fans as well as overseas promoters and media for the style and concept of the upcoming music videos.
Beast discography entered Japan with the release of their first Japanese album, called Beast – Japan Premium Edition, on November 24, 2010. It debuted at 13th place on the Oricon weekly album charts. On November 27, 2010, Beast held their first Japanese showcase called the 'The Legend of Beast, Vol.1' at Tokyo Big Site in Ohdaiba, Tokyo. The members were transported to the site of the showcase by helicopter, where they were able to see a human formation of the group's name made up of fans as a welcome greeting. The group performed 9 hit tracks, including "Bad Girl," "Shock," and "Soom". They also announced plans to officially debut in Japan in February 2011.
On December 1, 2010, Beast won an award for being one of 2010's most photogenic figures by the 11th Korean Visual Arts Festival, hosted and organized by the Korea Broadcast Camera Directors Association. On December 9, Beast was awarded with the Yepp Newcomer Award at the 25th Golden Disk Awards. According to album sold research site Hanteo Chart on December 11, 2010, Beast have sold 107,006 copies from January – October 2010 with 4 of their released mini-albums, including their first mini-album. This made Beast as the only rookie group out of all the boy/girl groups who have sold over 100,000 copies in 2010. This feat just shows the groups growing popularity. Beast held their first solo concert on December 12, 2010 at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium in Seoul. The concert's official title was 'Welcome to the Beast Airline'.
On December 23, plans for the release of self-composed duets by the members of the group were announced. The tracks released were "Thanks To", a hiphop track from Yoseob and Junhyung, Hyunseung and Kikwang’s R&B track "Let It Snow", and Doojoon and Dongwoon’s ballad track "Muni Dathimyeon" (문이 닫히면, lit. When The Door Closes). The tracks debuted at the Mnet M! Countdown stage. The songs were released on December 21, 2010 as the digital mini album My Story. fvf
2011: Japanese debut-first studio album, world tour
The group was awarded with the Bonsang Award at the 20th Seoul Music Awards on January 20, 2011 where they performed their hit songs “Shock” and “Soom”. Beast was also listed as the No. 40 Power Celebrity according to the list released by Forbes Korea on February 24, 2011. Their first Japanese single, "Shock", was released on March 16, 2011, and debuted at number 2 on Oricon’s weekly chart. However, due to the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake, all scheduled Japanese promotions for their single were cancelled.
Beast released their first full length Korean album on May 17, 2011 titled Fiction and Fact. Their track “Biga Oneun Naren", released as a digital single prior to the release of their album, won first place on KBS Music Bank’s May 27, 2011 episode instead of their heavily promoted lead song "Fiction". Their 2nd Japanese single, "Bad Girl", was released on June 15, 2011.
Beast performed as Korea’s representative artists at MTV’s “MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2011" on July 24, 2011 at Malaysia’s Shah Alam. Beast is the only Korean artist to be invited this year, and is the second Korean artist, following the Wonder Girls, to ever perform on MTV’s “World Stage”.
2012: International Tour, Beautiful Show, "Midnight Sun"
In 2012, Beast went on an international tour, "Beautiful Show", which visited 17 cities in 12 different countries from Asia, Europe, North America, and South America. They were also featured in the soundtrack for Korean drama, "Big," with a song titled "Hateful Person".
On July 11 at midnight KST, B2ST held a 'Hang Out On Live Air' event on their Google+ page to commemorate their 1000 days as a group together since their debut in 2009. They spoke with fans from 50 countries and revealed information on their comeback. Despite it being a late live-streaming session, many fans tuned in to show their support for B2ST.
They are planning to have their comeback with a new mini-album called Midnight Sun on 22.07.12. They also plan to release a new song titled Midnight ahead of their album on 15.07.2012 at midnight KST. Midnight has been said to be a song that will grab attention with its piano and guitar sound and the dramatic vocals of the members of B2ST.
Hours after the release of their song, Midnight, it has reached an 'all-kill'. They achieved #1 spots in all of Korea's real time music charts such as Bugs, Melon, Soribada, Daum, Mnet, Cyworld, Olleh, and Naver. B2St released a theme music video for their latest single, "Midnight". It shows the members walking through a quiet neighbourhood and shows solo shots of each member.
On July 21, B2ST released their 5th mini-album Midnight Sun. It gained the #1 spot on music charts with the title track "Beautiful Night" being promoted. It rose to the top of Melon, Mnet, Soribada, Naver Music, and other music sites. Many could tell that B2ST's comeback was successful because all their other songs on the new album took up high places on the charts. Nearly an hour after their mini-album was released, the music video for "Beautiful Night" was released on B2ST's official YouTube channel. On 26 July 2012 at 23:00, they held a guerilla concert at the Gwanghwamun Plaza, in front of an audience of 4,000 people, to promote their fifth mini album Midnight Sun, and the performance was broadcast on SBS's music show Inkigayo. On August 16, B2ST won a triple crown on M! Countdown for "Beautiful Night" which achieved top spot on the charts for three consecutive weeks.
2013: Comeback, Concert, Will You Be Okay & B2UTY More
On May 27, Cube Entertainment CEO Hong Seung Seong opened up on the whereabouts of his agency′s singers in a long letter sent to media outlets. In the text, there was mention of B2ST′s upcoming comeback. He said, "It′s now time for me to show you the three big pictures we′ve drawn regarding B2ST′s comeback. Thanks to the B2ST members and their efforts to put together a puzzle that will make everyone supporting them happy, B2ST has confirmed a comeback date in July." It was also stated in the text that before the release of their album and their performance at their concert in July, there will be two projects. Which is the release of a digital single titled Will You Be Okay? in May, and the start of a B2UTY More project in June.
Hong Seung Seong finished, "B2ST′s upcoming album, to be released in July, will be performed for the first time onstage at B2ST′s exclusive concert to be held in the same month. Their music, which shines more brilliantly onstage, will kick off with a concert so that B2UTYs will be the ones to see it first. Many passionate debates, designs and fun ideas have been thrown out regarding the comeback and are still going on, so make sure you don′t let go of your anticipation."
On May 29, 2013, Beast released their promised digital single called "Will You Be Okay?", a mature and dramatic ballad written by member, Yong Junhyung. In a matter of hours, they pushed back fierce competition and achieved an "all-kill", topping all major music charts in South Korea.
Image and artistry
On December 3, 2010, Beast attended the Patricia Field Collection fashion show located in Seoul Chungnamdong MCM Haus and was praised by Patricia Field herself for their “distinctive and modern look”. For this collection, MCM’s Heritage and Patricia Field worked together to show off a modern New Yorker style with a trendy shopper bag, backpack, clutch, and more items and any money earned from it will be donated to the ‘Korea Disaster Relief’ to benefit the civilians left homeless from the Yeonpyeong incident.
On April 18, 2012, Beast has collaborated with Jim Rickey to make their own sneakers brand, Beast X Jim Rickey. Beast members directly involved at the design of these shoes and will be available in 6 different colours.
Beast was the topic of a short-lived reality show, MTV B2ST, which was hosted by MTV. The show ran on a weekly basis from August 23 – October 9, 2009, with a total of ten episodes. The program showcased their journey leading up to their debut. It was announced in March 2010 that Beast will be hosting a second season of MTV B2ST entitled MTV Beast Almighty. After last year's broadcast debut, season 2 had fans and viewers' wishes as the concept of the program where the members will have to pick out one wish to grant for every episode. The show ran on a weekly basis from April 10 – May 29, 2010. Beast became the protagonists of the variety show Idol Maid running on a weekly basis from July 21 – October 13, 2010. The group also had a cameo on the sitcom More Charming by the Day.
Beast was selected as a PR envoy to promote the audition program Global Super Idol, which aired in November, 2011. They also attended the preliminaries in Korea, Thailand, and China to encourage the contestants and give advice. Global Super Idol is a global audition program that pits finalists from Thailand and China against finalists in Korea. All the finalists will attend the main show in Korea. Since Beast is very popular in Asian countries, including Thailand, Japan, and China, their popularity helped the show become popular too by performing their songs for fans and contestants from all over the world.
Beast has an animated-novel based on the six members by Jena and Planis Entertainment (being the production team). The action fantasy series, which took three years of preparation, will focus on the boys discovering new supernatural powers and their adventures on saving the world as new superheros. The producer of the comics stated, “‘The Beast’ has an interesting story that combines action, comedy, and romance.
The first book of the series was released in August, and sold all 13,000 copies issued after only about one week. The 2nd book of the series will be released soon, and the book will be released not only in Korea, but also in Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, and Malaysia. The producers added, “Talks about releasing the series to Brazil, Japan, and China are also sounding optimistic.”
The 2nd book of the series, titled ‘The Beast – Another Beast’, will be released in South Korea on January, 16th and in other countries on the 30th (January).
A collaboration song has been made with label-mate A Pink named "5! My Baby" featuring the characters of their comic-book.
A figurine set based on the comic books has been made as well.
|Member||Birth Name||Date of birth ||Position|
|Doojoon||두준||Yoon Doo-joon||윤두준||July 4, 1989||Leader, Lead Rapper, Vocalist|
|Hyunseung||현승||Jang Hyun-seung||장현승||September 3, 1989||Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer|
|Junhyung||준형||Yong Jun-hyung||용준형||December 19, 1989||Main Rapper|
|Yoseob||요섭||Yang Yo-seob||양요섭||January 5, 1990||Main Vocalist|
|Gikwang||기광||Lee Gi-kwang||이기광||March 30, 1990||Lead Vocalist, Main Dancer, Visual|
|Dongwoon||동운||Son Dong-woon||손동운||June 6, 1991||Vocalist, Maknae|
|2009||MTV B2ST||TV Documentary (MTV)|
|2010||MTV Beast Almighty||TV Show (MTV)|
|Idol Maid||TV Show (MBC)|
|SHIN PD Variety Show||TV Show (SBS)|
|2011||Exciting Cube TV||TV Show (MNET Japan)|
|2012||Win Win||TV Show (KBS)|
|Beast on QTV in Macau||QTV Korea|
|Invincible Youth 2||TV Show (KBS2)||Ep. 37|
|Dream Team Season 2||TV Show (KBS2)||Ep.146|
|Weeky Idol||MBC Every1|
|All the K-Pop||MBC|
|2011||25th||Samsung Yepp Newcomer Award||Won|
|2012||26th||"Fiction and Fact"||Disk Bonsang||Won|
|CeCi K-pop Icon Award||Won|
|MSN International Award||Won|
|2013||27th||"Midnight Sun"||Popularity Award||Nominated|
|Disk Album Award||Won|
|JTBC Best Artist Award||Won|
|2010||12th||"Shock"||Best Male Group||Nominated|
|Best Male Dance Performance||Nominated|
|2011||13th||"Fiction"||Best Male Dance Performance ||Won|
|Best Male Dance Performance||Nominated|
|2012||14th||"Beautiful Night"||Best Dance Performance - Male Group ||Nominated|
|Best Global Group-Male ||Nominated|
|Song of the Year ||Nominated|
|Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|2012||August 2||Beautiful Night|
|2011||May 27||On Rainy Days|
|2012||August 10||Beautiful Night|
|2012||August 21||Beautiful Night|
|2013||June 8||Will You Be Alright|
- (Korean)"BEAST, ‘Fiction’ striking emphasis ‘unusual movement’ receiving attention". TVDaily. 2011-05-18. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "비스트, 재활용 그룹이라 불리던 과거 어땠나 – 손에 잡히는 뉴스 눈에 보이는 뉴스 – 뉴스엔". Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- (Korean)"B2ST Official Website". Cube Entertainment. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- (Korean)"B2ST changes their name to BEAST, ready for their debut on the 15th". Newsen. 2009-10-14. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- (Korean) "BEAST : "After the Showcase on the 15th, we cannot hide our tears"". Newsen. 2009-10-17. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- (Korean)"‘AJ & Eliminated Big Bang Member Joins Together to Form the 6 Member Boy Band B2ST’". Korea Economic Daily. 2009-08-25. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- (Korean) "BEAST wins the December Rookie Music Award". Newsen. 2009-11-27. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- (Korean)"BEAST, 'Hit Debut Album Sells 40,000 Copies'". SPN Edaily. 2010-02-10. Archived from the original on 15 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- (Korean)"Explosive Rookie Group BEAST, Album Sales Are Explosive As Well". Newsen. 2009-11-18. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- (Korean)"4MINUTE-BEAST are going international! CUBE-Universal strategic signing ceremony". Newsen. 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- (Korean)"BEAST, Taiwan promotions without Lee KiKwang, why?". Newsen. 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-22.
- (Korean)"T-ara, After School and BEAST awarded newcomer awards at 19th High1 Seoul Music Awards". Newsen. 2010-02-03. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- (Korean)"Release of BEAST's new album put forward by a day "Currently looking for the source of leakage". Newsen. 2010-02-28. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- (Korean)"Beast in Tears of Joy – "We Love All You Fans" in after Receiving their First Win". Newsen. 2010-03-25. Archived from the original on 31 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- (Korean)"BEAST's 2nd Mini Album tops Hanteo Album Sales Chart 10 days to their Comeback!". Newsen. 2010-03-10. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- (Korean)"Beast, First visit to Singapore but already made it into the Gold Disk category". Sports Chosun. 2010-06-25. Archived from the original on 1 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- (Korean)"Will the 'Newcomer Group' BEAST Become the Best? 'Why is There Such An Anticipation For Their Comeback?'". Newsen. 2010-02-23. Archived from the original on 28 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- (Korean)"BEAST's 2nd Mini Album, 'Shock of the New Era'". Interpark. 2010-02-22. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- (Korean)"BEAST's Shocking Transformation of the Powerful Charismatic 'Shock' VTach Dance is the Center of Attention". Newsen. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- (Korean)"BEAST's Surprising Transformation As Ballad Singers". OSEN. 2010-03-02. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- (Korean)"Followup hit? BEAST releases new sincere version of song ‘Easy’". Newsen. 2010-04-29. Retrieved 2010-05-03.
- (Korean)"BEAST and 4minute Are Awarded the Golden Disk Award". Asiae News. 2010-08-10. Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- "BEAST & 4minute to stand on Singapore Olympic stage as first Korean artists". Sports Chosun. 2010=08=10. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- "BEAST wins the Smoothie King Cool Star Award on 2010 Mnet 20's Choice Awards". Star News. 2010-08-26. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- (Korean)"BEAST gains attention with a "love call" from Omarion". The Star. 2010-08-27. Archived from the original on 4 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- (Korean)"BEAST gains explosive feedback after revealing their new song from their album". The Star. 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- (Korean)"Even Twitter is paying attention to BEAST's comeback". Newsen. 2010-09-28. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- (Korean)"BEAST 'Soom' places first on Music Bank only after a week since comeback". My Star News. 2010-10-08. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "4Minute.B2ST, will be appearing in 'Asia Song Festival'". Yonhap News. 2010-10-06. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- (Korean)"BEAST's 4th album 'Lights Go On Again' preorder sales start". Newsen. 2010-11-03. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- (Korean)"Expect a storm of vigor from BEAST's comeback with 'Beautiful'". Newsen. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- (Korean)"BEAST reveals first part of the 4th album music drama, acting from the members attracts attention". Newsen. 2010-11-15. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- (Korean)"BEAST debuting in Japan through an ultimate showcase with 10,000 people". Newsen. 2010-10-29. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- (Korean)"B2ST, IU, and Orange Caramel among winners at ‘11th Korea Visual Arts Festival'". Star News. 2010-11-30. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- (Korean)"Beast, Secret, Sistar Sweeps the Golden Disk Newcomer Awards". Newsen. 2010-12-09. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- (Korean)"BEAST, the only rookie to sell over '100,000' albums in 2010". Star News. 2010-12-11. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "BEAST to hold first concert in December". 10Asia. 2010-10-01. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- (Korean)"BEAST unit Yong Junhyung and Yang Yoseob's 'Thanks To' will be revealed today". Newsen. 2010-12-22. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- (Korean)"BEAST's Lee Kikwang and Jang Hyunseung to reveal their duet song on the 23rd". Osen. 2010-12-23. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- (Korean)"BEAST's first duet unit Doojoon and Dongwoon will reveal 'When the Door Closes'". Newsen. 2010-12-21. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- (Korean)"BEAST duet units will be revealed at 'M Countdown' on the 23rd for the first time". Newsen. 2010-12-22. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- (Korean)"Beast Wins Bonsang Award at Seoul Music Awards after Winning Newcomer Award Last Year". Newsen. 2011-01-20. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- (Korean)"Celebrity List 40". Forbes Korea. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "BEAST beats Big Bang in Japan". KBS. 2011-03-22. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- (Korean)"BEAST releases their debut album on schedule, but cancels all performance schedules". OSEN. 2011-03-15. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- (Korean)"BEAST's comeback, about the release of new album". Cube Entertainment. 2011-05-09. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- (Korean)"BEAST to hold an Asian fan-meet tour this July". Newsen. 2011-05-06. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "BEAST, to participate in 'MTV World Stage' as Korea's representative". 2011-06-21. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- Hong, Lucia (26 July 2012). "BEAST to light up Seoul at guerilla concert tonight". 10 Asia. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (27 July 2012). "B2ST Successfully Holds Surprise Concert in Gwanghwamun Square With 4,000 Fans". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (27 May 2013). "B2ST to Return in July with an Album, a Concert, and Two Special Projects". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "BEAST reveals poster teaser for "Will You Be Okay"". allkpop. CJ E&M. 28 May 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- (Korean)"BEAST is recognized by Patricia Field for their fashion styles". JOONGANG.CO.KR. 2010-12-08. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- (Korean)"MTV ‘BEAST’ Season 2 ‘Almighty’ Production: "Tell Me Your Wish~"". Newsen. 2010-03-09. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- (Korean)"Idol group BEAST become protagonists of variety show 'Idol Maid'". TVDaily. 2010-10-12. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- (Korean)"More Charming by the Day's Ye Jiwon gets trapped in an elevator with BEAST's Lee Kikwang". Arts News. 2010-07-26. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "비스트, '글로벌 슈퍼 아이돌' 홍보대사 나서 : 네이트 뉴스". Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- "B2ST (Beast) Profile". SuMandu Kpop Guru. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Yang Yoseop First Mini Album". Cube Entertainment. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- (Korean)"Cyworld Digital Music Award". Cyworld. 2009-12. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- "'한류별들 총집합' 2011 대한민국 대중문화예술상 – 연예 – 스포츠서울닷컴". Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "[포토엔]비스트 ‘멜론뮤직어워드 대상 영광 만세로~!’ – 손에 잡히는 뉴스 눈에 보이는 뉴스 – 뉴스엔". Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "KARA, B2ST, and more win at 7th annual ‘Asia Model Awards’". TVDaily. 2012=01-19. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "2012 Soompi Gayo Award Results". Soompi. 31 December 2012.
- (Korean)"2010 Golden Disk Awards". Golden Disk Awards. 2010-12-09. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- "[MAMA] Nominees for the 2012 MAMA Announced". 2012 Mnet Asian Music Award. Mnet Media Corp. October 23, 2012. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- "[MAMA] Nominees for the 2012 MAMA Announced". 2012 Mnet Asian Music Award. Mnet Media Corp. October 23, 2012. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: BEAST|