Beat This Summer
|"Beat This Summer"|
|Single by Brad Paisley|
|from the album Wheelhouse|
|Released||March 4, 2013|
|Brad Paisley singles chronology|
"Beat This Summer" is the title of a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Brad Paisley. It was released in March 2013 as the second single from his ninth studio album, Wheelhouse. Paisley co-wrote the song with Chris DuBois and Luke Laird.
"Beat This Summer" is a moderate up-tempo about a male narrator meeting a lover on summer vacation.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song four stars out of five, saying that "the singer stretches himself vocally, going for notes late in the song that he typically stays away from. As a producer, Paisley and his team add a few effects and techniques that separate this song from anything else he’s recorded." Chuck Dauphin of Roughstock wrote that the song is "very different from what you might expect from Brad" and that he is "longing for simpler arrangements from Paisley." Giving it a "thumbs up", Karlie Justus Marlowe of Engine 145 said that "The contrast in swirling instrumentation and simple lyric delivery is stark and successful, adding interest and spark. But here, the storyline isn’t so much the focus as is it is the feeling of frenetic love with an expiration date", although she thought that the amount of production "very nearly goes into overload".
"Beat This Summer" debuted at number 40 on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week of March 16, 2013. It also debuted at number 29 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of March 23, 2013. It also debuted at number 97 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of March 23, 2013. It also debuted at number 86 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart for the week of March 23, 2013. As of August 2013, the single has sold 532,000 copies in the United States.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||51|
|Canada Country (Billboard)||3|
|US Billboard Hot 100||46|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||2|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||9|
- Conaway, Alanna (February 25, 2013). "Story Behind The Song: Brad Paisley's "Beat This Summer"". Roughstock. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (February 25, 2013). "Brad Paisley, ‘Beat This Summer’ – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- Dauphin, Chuck (March 1, 2013). "The Weekly Single Recap - March 1, 2013: Zac Brown Band, Justin Moore, Brad Paisley, and The Band Perry". Roughstock. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- Justus Marlowe, Karlie (18 April 2013). "Brad Paisley — “Beat This Summer”". Engine 145. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- Wick, Krista (April 12, 2013). "World Premiere: Brad Paisley's 'Beat This Summer'". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- Morris, Edward (March 9, 2013). "Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw Hold No. 1 Spots for Another Week". Country Music Television. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- Bjorke, Matt (2013-08-07). "Country Chart News - The Top 30 Digital Singles - August 7, 2013: Cassadee Pope Returns, Florida Georgia Line, Carrie Underwood & Tyler Farr Are Golden with Latest Hits". Roughstock. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Brad Paisley.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Canada Country for Brad Paisley.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Brad Paisley.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Country Airplay for Brad Paisley.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Brad Paisley.