From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Meaning||Diminutive of Bartholomew (patronymic); "one who held land on condition of supplying food to those billeted on him by the chief"; "public victualler"|
|Region of origin||Scottish borders, Ireland|
|Language(s) of origin||Aramaic; Irish Gaelic|
|Related names||Bate, Beatty, Beatey, Betagh, Betty, MacCaffrey, McCaffrey, MacVitty, MacWatty, MacWattie, Watson|
|Footnotes: Frequency Comparisons |
Main article: Beatty
Beattie is a surname, meaning "one who held land on condition of supplying food to those billeted on him by the chief"; "public victualler".
- A. L. Beattie, pioneering Chief Mechanical Engineer of the New Zealand Railways Department.
- Sir Andrew Beattie, Irish politician.
- Ann Beattie (1947-), American writer
- Bob Beattie (disambiguation)
- Bobby Beattie, Scottish footballer
- Charles Beattie, a Northern Irish farmer and briefly Member of Parliament
- Chris Beattie, Australian rugby league footballer
- Craig Beattie, Scottish footballer
- David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty Admiral of the Fleet Royal Navy (17 January 1871 – 11 March 1936)
- Dud Beattie, Australian rugby league footballer
- Frank Beattie, (1933–2009), Scottish association football player and manager.
- George Beattie (disambiguation)
- James Beattie (disambiguation)
- John Beattie (disambiguation)
- Joseph Beattie, (1978-), English actor.
- Joseph Hamilton Beattie (1808–1871), locomotive engineer, London and South Western Railway
- Kevin Beattie, association (soccer) footballer of the 1970s and '80s for England, and Ipswich Town
- Melody Beattie, (1948-) American author
- Peter Beattie (b. 1952), Premier of Queensland (1998–2007)
- Rolla Kent Beattie (1875-1960), American botanist and plant pathologist
- Simon Beattie, antiquarian bookseller
- Stephen Halden Beattie, Lieutenant-Commander in the Royal Navy during the Second World War, winner of the Victoria Cross
- Wendy Beattie, (1980-), Australian field hockey player.
- William George Beattie, son of Joseph Hamilton Beattie, also locomotive engineer for the London and South Western Railway
- Beattie, Kansas, United States
- Beattie (automobile)
- Beatrice Bellman, more commonly known as Beattie, a character from a series of television advertisements by British Telecom.
- Batey (family name)
- Beatrice Bellman ("Beattie"), a fictional Jewish mother played by Maureen Lipman, featured in a British Telecom advertising campaign
- Beattie Feathers American football running back
See the Beatty Project 2000 website 
- "Surname Summary Data for BEATTIE". Frequency Comparisons. britishsurnames.co.uk. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Beattie. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|