||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
Beau Bokan with Blessthefall at Vainstream Rockfest, Germany, 2014
|Birth name||Beau Mark Bokan|
November 30, 1981 |
Huntington Beach, California, United States
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Metalcore, post-hardcore, electronic rock (early)|
|Occupations||Singer, designer, songwriter|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, keyboards, guitar|
|Associated acts||Take the Crown, Blessthefall|
Beau Mark Bokan (born November 30, 1981) is an American musician and singer-songwriter. He is best known as the lead vocalist of Blessthefall, and the former vocalist of Take the Crown. Bokan runs his own clothing line titled "Golden Hearts Shine Forever" which was launched in March 2011. Bokan is Roman Catholic like all the other members of Blessthefall.
On September 26, 2008, Bokan joined Blessthefall as the vocalist to replace Craig Mabbitt, who recently left the band due to personal differences and later joined Escape the Fate. He has recorded three studio albums with Blessthefall, Witness, released October 6, 2009, Awakening, released October 4, 2011, and Hollow Bodies released on August 20, 2013.
Bokan married Canadian electro-pop singer Lights on May 12, 2012. On November 4, 2013 the couple announced that they were expecting their first child. On February 15, 2014, Lights gave birth to their daughter, Rocket Wild Bokan.
- Take the Crown
- Take the Crown (2006)
- Let the Games Begin (2006)
- Relapse React (2008)
- Guest appearances
- "Lying Through Your Teeth Doesn't Count As Flossing" by Greeley Estates (No Rain, No Rainbow, 2010)
- "The Boys Are Back In Town" by Atreyu (Covers of the Damned, 2010)
- "Dirty, Dirty Mess" by Let's Get It (Masters of the Universe, 2011)
- Ketchum, Jameson. "Blessthefall | Back On The Road @ HOPECORE.com | Online Magazine, Internet Radio, Interviews, Reviews, News & Updates". Hopecore.com. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- "LIGHTS + Beau Bokan are engaged". Common Revolt. September 3, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "Blessthefall Frontman Looks Forward to Exchanging Vows With Singer Lights". Noisecreep. November 15, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "Lights and Beau Bokan Announce First Child". Alternative Press. November 5, 2013. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- "LIGHTS and Beau Bokan Welcome New Baby Girl: Rocket Wild Bokan". .alterthepress.com. February 16, 2014. Retrieved February 16, 2014.