||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
August 15, 1986 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Right|
Beau Bradley Mills (born August 15, 1986) is a former American professional baseball first baseman. He is the son of Brad Mills, a former MLB player and current third base coach of the Cleveland Indians.
He was drafted prior to going to college by the Boston Red Sox in the 44th round of the 2004 MLB Draft.
Before being selected by the Cleveland Indians with the 13th overall pick in the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft, Mills attended Golden West High School (Visalia, California), Lewis-Clark State College, and Fresno State.
After the 2012 season, Mills had officially retired in favor of raising bulls full-time.
Minor league career
Mills again spent a full season with the Aeros. He was among the league leaders in RBI and doubles. While his overall production (.241/.312/.377) dropped for the second straight season, he posted a career low strikeout total.
Mills started the season on the DL, then got off to a slow start with AA Akron. However, he batted over .300 in June and July. After being named Eastern League player of the week, he earned a promotion to the AAA Columbus Clippers.
On June 21st, 2012, Beau Mills was traded to the Cincinnati Reds for cash. He was assigned to the Reds' AA organization in Pensacola. He was released at the end of the season.
- Hoynes, Paul (April 19, 2013). "Plenty of bull in former Tribe draft pick's new career: Cleveland Indians Chatter". The Plain Dealer.
- Assenheimer, Chris: "Indians’ Beau Mills Has Major League Talent To Go With His Major League Name", in The Chronicle-Telegram, March 6, 2009.
- Boogaard, Andy: "Winning Attitude: Golden West Baseball Player Beau Mills, His Dad Adapt To Being Apart", in The Fresno Bee, March 26, 2004.
- Browne, Ian: "Father's Day Comes Early For Mills: Red Sox Coach Able To Share In His Son's Draft Day Moment", in MLB.com, June 15, 2007.
- Castrovince, Anthony: "Huff, Mills Earn Minor League Awards: Former Top Draft Picks Deliver For Indians' Affiliates In 2008", in MLB.com, November 20, 2008.
- Castrovince, Anthony: "Sights Set High For Tribe Prospect: First Baseman Mills Ready To Take Next Step At Double-A Akron", in MLB.com, February 18, 2009.
- Crow, Chuck: "Tribe's Mills Is Born To Baseball", in The Plain Dealer, March 7, 2008. Blog posting of article
- Gray, Kevin: "On Baseball: Sox Coach Keeps An Eye On Rising Prospect, His Son", in the Union Leader, June 18, 2009.
- Gribble, Andrew: "Mills, Gimenez Honored By Tribe, Airline", in MLB.com, September 21, 2008.
- Hall, David: "The Baseball Player", in Kinston Free Press, April 6, 2008. 
- Hoynes, Paul: "Beau Mills, David Huff Named Indians Top Minor Leaguers", in The Plain Dealer, November 20, 2008.
- Marks, Craig: "Not A Time To Get Caught In A Rundown: New Aero, Fresh From Alaska, Regales With Moose-Chase Tale", in The West Side Leader, April 16, 2009. 
- Marquez, Damian: "Where Are They Now?: Golden West Grad Beau Mills Swinging Hot Bat For Aeros", in The Visalia Times-Delta, July 21, 2009.
- McDonald, Joe: "Fathers And Sons: Brad Mills And John Farrell Also Have Sons Playing Professional Baseball", in The Providence Journal, March 3, 2009.
- Paulling, Daniel: "Mills: Big-Time Prospect At Small School", in USA Today, June 3, 2007.
- Rosen, Jacob: "Aeros 1B Beau Mills Heating Up", in Waiting For Next Year (blog), June 4, 2009.
- Storm, Stephanie: "Mills Has Decades Of Experience", in The Beacon Journal, April 29, 2009.
- Storm, Stephanie: "Mills, Sarbaugh Face Bald Truth On Slumps: Young Aeros Learn Trying To Change Luck Is Fun", in The Beacon Journal, April 16, 2009.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- BR Bullpen Beau Mills Article
|Awards and achievements|
|Indians' Minor League Player of the Year
(the Lou Boudreau Award)