Beaufort County Airport
|Beaufort County Airport
Frogmore Intranational Airport
|IATA: BFT – ICAO: KARW – FAA LID: ARW|
|Owner||County of Beaufort|
|Serves||Beaufort, South Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||10 ft / 3 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Beaufort County Airport (IATA: BFT, ICAO: KARW, FAA LID: ARW, formerly 73J) is a county-owned public-use airport in Beaufort County, South Carolina, United States. The airport is located on Lady's Island, three nautical miles (6 km) southeast of the central business district of Beaufort, South Carolina. It is also known as Frogmore Island Airport or Frogmore Intranational Airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned ARW by the FAA and BFT by the IATA (which assigned ARW to Arad Airport in Arad, Romania).
Facilities and aircraft 
Beaufort County Airport covers an area of 110 acres (45 ha) at an elevation of 10 feet (3 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,434 by 75 feet (1,047 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 8, 2009, the airport had 36,400 aircraft operations, an average of 99 per day: 96% general aviation and 4% air taxi. At that time there were 57 aircraft based at this airport: 89.5% single-engine, 7% multi-engine and 3.5% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ARW ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Frogmore Island Airport: Directions at Beaufort County website
- Frogmore Island Airport at Beaufort County website
- Great Circle Mapper: BFT / KARW - Cheraw Municipal Airport - Cheraw, South Carolina
- Aviation Safety Network: ARW / LRAR - Arad Airport, Romania
- Aerial photo as of 22 January 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ARW, effective May 2, 2013
- Resources for this airport: