Beauharnois is a provincial electoral district in the Montérégie region of Quebec, Canada that elects members to the National Assembly of Quebec. It includes the cities of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield and Beauharnois.
It was created in 2001 from parts of Beauharnois-Huntingdon, Châteauguay and Salaberry-Soulanges.
In the change from the 2001 to the 2011 electoral map, its territory was unchanged.
An earlier version of the Beauharnois electoral district had been created for the 1867 election (and an electoral district of that name existed earlier in the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Canada and the Legislative Assembly of Lower Canada). Its last election was in 1985. It disappeared in the 1989 election and its successor electoral district was Beauharnois-Huntingdon.
Members of the Legislative Assembly / National Assembly
- Célestin Bergevin, Conservative Party (1867–1871)
- George-Étienne Cartier, Conservative Party (1871–1873)
- Élie-Hercule Bisson, Liberal (1873–1878)
- Célestin Bergevin, Conservative Party (1878–1886)
- Élie-Hercule Bisson, Liberal (1886–1892)
- Moïse Plante, Conservative Party (1892)
- Élie-Hercule Bisson, Liberal (1892–1898)
- Arthur Plante, Conservative Party (1898–1900)
- Achille Bergevin, Liberal (1900–1908)
- Arthur Plante, Conservative Party (1908–1912)
- Edmund Arthur Robert, Liberal (1912–1919)
- Achille Bergevin, Liberal (1919–1923)
- Arthur Plante, Conservative Party (1923–1927)
- Louis-Joseph Papineau, Liberal (1927–1931)
- Gontran Saintonge, Liberal (1931–1935)
- Delpha Sauvé, Conservative Party - Union Nationale (1935–1944)
- Albert Lemieux, Bloc populaire canadien (1944–1948)
- Edgar Hébert, Union Nationale (1948–1962)
- Gérard Cadieux, Liberal (1962–1976)
- Laurent Lavigne Parti Québécois (1976–1985)
- Serge Marcil, Liberal (1985–1989)
- did not exist (1989–2003), see Beauharnois-Huntingdon
- Serge Deslières, Parti Québécois (2003–2008)
- Guy Leclair, Parti Québécois (2008–present)
||This article is outdated. (September 2014)
- Election results
Neighbouring electoral districts