Beauty for a Cause
Beauty for a Cause is a special award initially given in Miss Earth 2003 competition to the candidate who made the most significant social contribution. Miss Afghanistan 2003 Vida Samadzai bagged the award for helping found a US-based women's charity that seeks to raise awareness of women's rights and education in Afghanistan by “symbolizing the newfound confidence, courage and spirit of today’s women and representing the victory of women’s rights and various social, personal and religious struggles”. The award was then suspended for three years.
The award was reinstated in the finals of Miss Earth 2007 to honor the delegate with the most significant contribution in the preservation and protection of the environment. Miss South Africa Bokang Montjane was the second recipient of the Beauty for a Cause award, given at the conclusion of the 7th edition of Miss Earth pageant that took place on November 11, 2007 at the University of the Philippines Theater in Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines. 
- "CNN World News: Beauty prize for Miss Afghanistan". Archived from the original on 2007-12-19. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- News, Associated Press (2003-11-10). "Lauded at pageant, woman condemned by Afghan officials". The Michigan Daily. Retrieved 2008-02-03.
- "Miss Earth Official website: Miss Earth in Lucky Seven Finds Lucky Ladies". Archived from the original on 2007-10-21. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- "GMA News TV: Fil-Canadian Jessica Nicole Trisko crowned Miss Earth". Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- "Miss Earth 2007 comes from Canada!". Archived from the original on 6 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-06.