Beaver Island Airport
|Beaver Island Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KSJX – FAA LID: SJX|
|Owner||St. James & Peaine Townships|
|Serves||Beaver Island, Michigan|
|Elevation AMSL||669 ft / 204 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Beaver Island Airport (ICAO: KSJX, FAA LID: SJX) is a public use airport located on Beaver Island in Charlevoix County, Michigan, United States. It is owned by St. James Township and Peaine Township. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned SJX by the FAA and no designation from the IATA (which assigned SJX to Sartaneja Airport in Sartaneja, Belize).
Facilities and aircraft
Beaver Island Airport covers an area of 130 acres (53 ha) at an elevation of 669 feet (204 m) above mean sea level. It has three runways: 9/27 has an asphalt pavement measuring 4,300 by 75 feet (1,311 x 23 m); 14/32 and 5/23 have turf surfaces measuring 3,300 by 120 feet (1,006 x 37 m) and 2,130 by 120 feet (649 x 37 m) respectively. Runways 14/32 and 5/23 are closed November through April, and also when snow-covered. Access to the airport is via Donnell Mor's Lane.
Airlines and destinations
|Fresh Air Aviation||Charlevoix|
- FAA Airport Master Record for SJX ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 3 (PDF, 1.28 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Beaver Island, Michigan (ICAO: KSJX, FAA: SJX)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- "Sartaneja, Belize (IATA: SJX)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- PDF (51.0 KB) at Michigan DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of 1 May 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SJX, effective April 3, 2014
- Resources for this airport: