An August 2005 photo while performing in New York City
|Birth name||María Nieves Rebolledo Vila|
|Born||May 9, 1978|
|Origin||Valencia de Alcántara, Extremadura, Spain|
Bebe (born May 9, 1978) is a Spanish singer, songwriter and actress who rose to international fame with the singles "Malo" and "Ella".
Bebe was born María Nieves Rebolledo Vila in Valencia de Alcántara, Spain. Her parents were members of the Extremaduran folk group Surberina. Her breakthrough album in Spain was entitled Pafuera Telarañas though she gained international recognition after winning the Best New Artist award at the 2005 Latin Grammy Awards. She was nominated for five awards total. The first single from Pafuera Telarañas, "Malo" charted worldwide.
On 25 June 2006, Bebe announced that for now her album Pafuera Telarañas would be her debut and her farewell because she was retiring from the stage for a while. Bebe said that even if there is pressure to build up a discography, "I am not thinking of making another CD for quite some time. For a little more than two years I've promoted the same CD and I'm still not done." Nonetheless, she planned to continue touring the US and Mexico. "One has to recycle oneself or one becomes asphyxiated, one has to give oneself space or lose one's mind," she stated.
She released a new album, Y., in 2009.
- 2004: Pafuera Telarañas (Out with the Cobwebs)
- 2009: Y. (And.)
- 2012: Un Pokito de Rokanrol (A Little Bit of Rock n' Roll)
Third-party covers 
- "Malo" by Avicii
Acting career 
- 2006: Caótica Ana
- 2006: La educación de las hadas
- 2006: Busco
- 2003: El oro de Moscú
- 2003: Al sur de Granada
- 2002: Entre cien fuegos (TV)
Awards and nominations 
Grammy Awards 
|2010||Y.||Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album||Nominated|
Latin Grammy Awards 
A Latin Grammy Award is an accolade by the Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences to recognize outstanding achievement in the music industry. Bebe has received eleven award nominations.
|2005||Bebe||Best New Artist||Won|
|2005||Pafuera Telarañas||Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2005||Malo||Record of the Year||Nominated|
|2005||Malo||Song of the Year||Nominated|
|2005||Pafuera Telarañas||Best Female Pop Vocal Album||Nominated|
|2009||Me Fuí||Song of the Year||Nominated|
|2009||Me Fuí||Best Short Form Music Video||Nominated|
|2010||Y.||Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2010||Y.||Best Female Pop Vocal Album||Nominated|
|2012||Un Pokito de Rokanrol||Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2012||Mi Guapo||Best Alternative Song||Nominated|
- Heringer, Mark (2009-11-03). "Starbucks iTunes Pick of the Week - Bebe - Se Fue". www.mark-heringer.com. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- (Spanish)“Uno se tiene que reciclar si no se asfixia, darse espacio porque si no pierde el sentido", Cantante Bebe se retira de la musica June 25, 2006 El Universo
- "Y.: Discografía". Bebe's official website. labebebellota.com. Retrieved 2009-08-02. "On June 30th 2009, Bebe is set to put out her new album Y. (i.e. “And That’s That”), five years since her debut Pafuera Telarañas (Blowing Away the Cobwebs) first came out."