|— Bodybuilder —|
|Nickname||"Strongest Woman Ever"
"The World's Strongest Woman"
"The Strongest Woman on the Planet"
"The Strongest Woman in the World"
|Born||Omaha, NE, USA|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||240 lb (110 kg)|
Becca Swanson ( born 1973) is an American bodybuilder, powerlifter, pro wrestler and strongwoman who is often referred to as "The World's Strongest Woman" or "The Strongest Woman on the Planet". She currently holds several powerlifting world records for women, including the highest squat, highest deadlift, highest bench press and highest total lift.
- 1 Bodybuilding, powerlifting, and strongwoman
- 2 Professional wrestling
- 3 WPC/APF/WPO World Records
- 4 Powerlifting Profile
- 5 In wrestling
- 6 Championships and accomplishments
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Bodybuilding, powerlifting, and strongwoman
Swanson started out in 1996 with the desire to be a bodybuilder, but started with powerlifting. After a few shows, according to her, the larger, more muscular women had fallen out of favor in bodybuilding. At the same time, she was very close to some world powerlifting records and thought it best to focus there. She is currently the only woman ever to squat over 800 pounds, perform an equipped (wearing a bench shirt) bench press of 600 pounds or total over 2000 pounds. She has also competed in strongwoman contests, starting in 2002.
|Born||Nov 20, 1973
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Becca Swanson|
|Billed height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Billed weight||240 lb (110 kg)|
|Trained by||Harley Race
Harley Race's Wrestling Academy
World League Wrestling
Harley Race's Wrestling Academy/World League Wrestling (2009-2010)
A pro wrestler for Harley Race's World League Wrestling based in Eldon, Missouri. Swanson won the WLW Ladies Championship from Amy Hennig on October 3, 2009 at the WLW Tenth Anniversary Show. On March 12, 2010; Swanson would lose the title to Lucy Mendez in a triple threat match which also included Hennig. On March 13, Swanson was unsuccessful in capturing the WLW Women's Championship for a second time as Hennig would defeat both Swanson and Mendez in a triple threat match.
WPC/APF/WPO World Records
- 198+ Weight Class - 854 lb (387 kg) Squat
- 198+ Weight Class - 600 lb (270 kg) Equipped Bench Press
- 198+ Weight Class - 683 lb (310 kg) Deadlift
- 198+ Weight Class - 2,050 lb (930 kg) Total (best lifts in one meet)
- 198 lb (90 kg) Weight Class - 804 lb (365 kg) Squat
- 198 lb (90 kg) Weight Class - 480 lb (220 kg) Bench
- 198 lb (90 kg) Weight Class - 600 lb (270 kg) Deadlift
- 198 lb (90 kg) Weight Class - 1,884 lb (855 kg) Total
- Height: 5 ft 10 in (178 cm)
- Weight: 240 lb (110 kg)
- Calves: 17.5 in (440 mm)
- Quads: 27 in (690 mm)
- Shoulders: 54 in (1,400 mm)
- Biceps: 18 in (460 mm)
- "The World's Strongest Woman"
- "The Strongest Woman on the Planet"
- "The Strongest Woman in the World"
Championships and accomplishments
- World Wrestling Xpress
- WWX Women's Champion (1 time)
- World Powerlifting Congress
- 90 KG Class
- 710.5 Total (June 14, 2002)
- 90+ KG Class
- Wennerstrom, Steve (May 2004). "Flex 'N' Femme". Flex magazine. Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- "Women's 198 Pound/90 Kg Weight Class Top 20". Powerlifting Watch. Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- Swanson, Becca (2004-06-30). "About Me". Archived from the original on 2007-08-19. Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- "Becca Swanson's profile" (in German). CageMatch.de. Retrieved 2010-04-03.
- "Title History on Becca Swanson's profile" (in German). CageMatch.de. Retrieved 2010-04-03.
- "World League Wrestling results from Spokane, MO on 3/12 and Summersville, MO on 3/13". St. Louis Wrestling Community. Retrieved 2010-04-03.
- Profile at AMG-Lite "Becca Swanson's Profile". AMG-Lite. Retrieved 2010-02-19.