It is also a reference point for the adjacent Ramsar Becher Point Wetlands that lie inland from the point.
It is significant area for conservational value 
It has also been identified as location suitable for assessing Holocene environment on the coastline 
- Roe, John Septimus; Great Britain. Hydrographic Dept; J. & C. Walker (1840), Warnbro Sound by Lieut.J.S. Roe R.N., Surveyor General of W. Australia, 1839, Hydrographic Office of the Admiralty, retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "REMOVAL OF THE STEAMER GEORGETTE FROM BECHER POINT TO GARDEN ISLAND.". The Herald (Fremantle, WA : 1867 - 1886) (Fremantle, WA: National Library of Australia). 1 November 1873. p. 3. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "WESTERN AUSTRALIA.". South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) (Adelaide, SA: National Library of Australia). 1 August 1878. p. 5. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Conservation Council of Western Australia (1991), National Estate values and significance of the Port Kennedy/Point Becher area of Western Australia : a submission to the Australian Heritage Commission, The Council, retrieved 19 December 2013
- Semeniuk, Christopher; Milne, L; Ladd, P; Semeniuk, V (2006), Pollen in the surface sediments of wetlands in the Becher Point area, southwestern Australia: a baseline for use in interpreting Holocene sequences, Department of Exploration Geophysics, retrieved 19 December 2013
- Murray and Hercock do not have a listing for Port Kennedy in Murray, Ian; Hercock, Marion; Murray, Ian; Hercock, Marion (2008), Where on the coast is that?, Hesperian Press, ISBN 978-0-85905-452-2, whereas Quality Publishing Australia (2007), Roads & tracks Western Australia (5th ed ed.), Quality Publishing Australia, ISBN 978-1-876723-35-4 chooses to identify Bridport Point 1km west, and omits Becher Point