Beckman Research Institute
The Beckman Research Institute (BRI) is a research facility located at the City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA, United States. It is dedicated to studying normal and abnormal biological processes which may be related to cancer. The institute was dedicated in 1952, and endowed by the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation in 1983 when it was given its current name. It was the first of five Beckman institutes in the United States. It also hosts the Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences whose founding dean was Arthur Riggs. The BRI's current director is Richard Jove, Ph.D.
Geo magazine reported, "The male flies displayed clear heterosexual activities when temperatures were at 19 degrees (Celsius), but above 30 degrees their behavior changed within minutes."
- Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
- Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences at City of Hope National Medical Center
- Beckman Research Institute Milestones 1952-1983 "1952 - The Research Institute is dedicated."
- Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope "The first of only five Beckman Research Institutes established by funding from the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation..."
-  Jove, Richard. 2009. Letter from the BRI Director. City of Hope - Research - Beckman Research Institute. Retrieved 22 July 2010, from http://www.cityofhope.org/research/beckman-research-institute/Pages/letter-from-the-director.aspx