|Full name||Beddau Rugby Football Club|
|Ground(s)||Mount Pleasant Park|
|Coach(es)||Brett Davey, Duane Goodfield|
Beddau Rugby Football Club is a rugby union team from the village of Beddau, South Wales. The present club was formed in 1951-52, but it can trace its roots to around 1900. Beddau RFC is a member of the Welsh Rugby Union and is a feeder club for Cardiff Blues.
Beddau had a village rugby team from around 1900 until the Second World War. During the war all the club's records were destroyed apart from a few remaining photographs of Beddau RFC teams from the late 1930s.
Beddau RFC was reformed in 1951-52 and has since been based in Castellau Road, Beddau. The club plays at Mount Pleasant Park, Beddau.
Today, Beddau RFC plays in the WRU Championship. In the 2006-07 season, Beddau RFC won the Division One East League, but were denied promotion to the Premier League as their grounds were deemed not to meet WRU criteria. This ruling was upheld at an EGM by 67% of members. Since winning the league, the club's first team has struggled, only narrowly avoiding relegation for the past three seasons. But with a new coaching team and a strong seconds and youth team the future looks bright.
- Worthington's Mid District Cup 2007-08 - Winners
- WRU Division One East Champions - 2006-07
- Mid District Cup 2006-07 - Winners
- Mid District Cup 2005-06 - Winners
- Mid District Cup 2004-05 - Winners
- Mid District Cup 2003-04 - Winners
- Glamorgan County Silver Ball Trophy 1989-90 - Winners
- Mid District Cup 1970-71 - Winners
Notable former players
- Gary Protheroe (Wales and British Lions)
- Steve Fenwick (Wales and British Lions)
- Chris Bridges (Wales)
- Andrew Lamerton (Wales)
- Gareth Wyatt (Wales)
- Michael Owen (Wales and British Lions)
- Duane Goodfield (Newport Gwent Dragons)
- Tom Riley (Newport Gwent Dragons)
- Ross Johnston (Bristol Rugby)
Brett Davey Newport Gwent Dragons and Wales Development
- WRU Official Site
- BBC News (2004-07-08). "Wales' regional rugby map". BBC. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- Beddau Official Web Site. Sourced 13 August 2007.
- Five Golden Keys, Llantwit Fardre RFC Centenary Season 1999-2000, John Kelland
- WRU withstands promotion revolt - BBC Sport News sourced 16 Aug 2006
- Anthony Woolford (2006-05-13). "Beddau show they are Worthy of fifth cup win". South Wales Echo. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
|This Welsh rugby union team article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|