Bedford Township, Meigs County, Ohio
|Bedford Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Meigs County
|• Total||39.3 sq mi (101.7 km2)|
|• Land||39.3 sq mi (101.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||679 ft (207 m)|
|• Density||30.9/sq mi (11.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086608|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Lodi Township, Athens County - north
- Carthage Township, Athens County - northeast corner
- Orange Township - east
- Chester Township - southeast
- Salisbury Township - south
- Rutland Township - southwest corner
- Scipio Township - west
- Alexander Township, Athens County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Meigs County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Archived from the original on 16 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.