From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Beeching is an English surname. Either a derivative of the old English bece, bæce "stream", hence "dweller by the stream" or of the old English bece "beach-tree" hence "dweller by the beach tree".
People called Beeching include:-
- Henry Charles Beeching (1859-1919) clergyman, author and poet
- Jack Beeching (John Charles Stuart Beeching) (1922-2001), British poet
- Richard Beeching (1913-1985), chairman of British Railways
- Vicky Beeching (Victoria Louise Beeching) (1979-), British-born Christian singer
- Beeching Axe, informal name for the report "The Reshaping of British Railways"
- Oxford Dictionary of English Surnames, Reaney & Wilson, Oxford University Press 2005
|This page or section lists people with the surname Beeching. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|