|LGA(s)||Scenic Rim Region|
The suburb is positioned on a forested ridge leading from the Lamington Plateau to Tambourine Mountain. Outstanding views in nearly all directions means that on a clear day Cunninghams Gap and other Scenic Rim landforms are visible as well as Flinders Peak, Moogerah Peaks and the D'Aguilar Range to the north west of Brisbane. Lower Beechmont is also on the Beechmont road, but slightly lower down the hill.
The Rosins Lookout Conservation Park is a popular launch site for hangliders and paragliders.
There is a mobile phone tower near the village.
Internet is available with ADSL1 and ADSL2+ over copper lines. The Beechmont exchange is connected via microwave to the Telstra National Network. Beechmont is not listed on any of the National Broadband Network fibre roll-out plans.
Tarred roads are available to Canungra and to Nerang. The roads are narrow and windy, much to the likes of Sunday tourists and motor bike riders, but not so much to the Beechmont residents who have to put up with frequent road closures and one lane passes after landslides and other rain induced trouble. A multi-million dollar road upgrade program is now under construction.
Attempts to grow fruit in the rich soils of the area were halted due to fruit fly infestations, before the area became to be known as a mountain tourist destination from the 1920s. There are still dairy farms operational in the area, but only three remain in operation as the area is experiencing increasing levels of development.
Beechmont has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- "Beechmont (entry 2058)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Beechmont (entry 45110)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Whirlpool Forum: Optus Tower Locations
- Queensland Environmental Protection Agency (2000). Heritage Trails of the Great South East. State of Queensland. p. 19. ISBN 0-7345-1008-X.
- Genetics Australia: Queensland trials test controlled breeding using CIDRs
- Beechmont State School: Community
- Beechmount Mountain Sales: About Beechmont Plateau
- "Binna Burra Cultural Landscape (entry 16635)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-12.