George Washington Carver homestead site, south of Beeler
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Beeler (also Beelerville) is an unincorporated community in western Ness County, Kansas, United States. It lies along K-96, west of the city of Ness City, the county seat of Ness County. Its elevation is 2,490 feet (759 m), and it is located at (38.4444607, -100.1948550). Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 67518.
The first post office in Beeler was established in 1886 as Beelerville.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Beeler has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 40.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1978-10-13. Accessed 2008-04-12.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Blackmar, Frank Wilson (1912). Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, Industries, Counties, Cities, Towns, Prominent Persons, Etc. Standard Publishing Company. p. 169.
- "Profile for Beeler, Kansas". ePodunk. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961, page 2". Kansas Historical Society. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Climate Summary for Beeler, Kansas
|This article about a location in Ness County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|