|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
|Look up cocktail in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A beer cocktail is a cocktail that is made by mixing beer with a distilled beverage or another style of beer. In this type of cocktail, the primary ingredient is beer. A mixture of beer with a beverage that contains a soft drink is usually called a shandy.
List of beer cocktails
- Black and Tan – A drink made from a blend of pale ale and a dark beer such as a stout or porter.
- Black Velvet – Stout with some sparkling wine or champagne.
- Boilermaker – Glass of beer with a shot of whiskey.
- Brass Monkey - A beverage created by adding orange juice to a partially drunk 40 ounce. Named after the Beastie Boys song although disputed whether this is the drink referred to in the song.
- Flaming Doctor Pepper – Flaming drink made from beer, high-proof alcohol and Amaretto. Tastes like Dr Pepper.
- Hangman's Blood – Porter combined with brandy, gin, and rum.
- Irish Car Bomb – Irish stout with a mixed shot of Irish cream and Irish whiskey.
- Michelada – Beer mixed with lemon juice, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Valentina and Maggi hot sauces.
- Porchcrawler – Equal parts of beer, vodka, and lemonade concentrate.
- Sake bomb – A shot of sake poured or dropped into a glass of beer.
- Tom Bass – Bass ale with a shot of Jägermeister served in a pint glass.
- U-Boot – A glass of beer with a shot glass containing vodka "submerged" in it.
- Beer Magazine Sept/Oct 2009 Issue 12
- "10 Summer Beer Cocktails That Don’t Suck". Coedmagazine.com. Retrieved 2013-10-28.