Bees Saal Baad (1962 film)
|Bees Saal Baad|
|Directed by||Biren Nag|
|Produced by||Hemant Kumar|
|Music by||Hemant Kumar|
|Editing by||Keshav Nanda|
Bees Saal Baad is a 1962 Bollywood film. The movie was produced by Hemant Kumar, who also gave the music and sings some of the movie's memorable songs, the film is directed by Biren Nag. The film stars Biswajeet, Waheeda Rehman, Madan Puri, Sajjan and Asit Sen.
The plot is loosely based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles. The film topped the box office chart in 1962, becoming a "super hit." The film became very popular for the song Kahin deep jale sung by Lata Mangeshkar. Lyricist Shakeel Badayuni wrote all the songs for this movie out of which Lata Mangeshkar won the Filmfare award "Kahin Deep Jale Kahin Dil". For the same song Shakeel Badayuni was also nominated for the Best Lyricist
After a lusty Thakur in a village called Chandanghat rapes a young girl and she kills herself. Thereafter, the Thakur is killed by what the local people call the girl's vengeful spirit. Then the Thakur's son is also reportedly killed by the same spirit. Twenty years after the Thakur's death, his grandson Kumar comes to the village and learns that the spirit would still him. The brave man, after a series of events, uncovers the mystery.
- Biswajeet … Kumar Vijay Singh
- Waheeda Rehman … Radha
- Manmohan Krishna … Ramlal / Radheshyam
- Madan Puri … Dr. Pandey
- Asit Sen … Gopichand Jasoos
- Sajjan … Detective Mohan Tripathi
- Lata Sinha
- Dev Kishan … Laxman
- "Bekarar Karke Hume" - Hemant Kumar & Om Gupta, Indore
- "Kahin Deep Jale Kahin" - Lata Mangeshkar & Om Gupta, Indore
- "Sapne Suhane" - Lata Mangeshkar
- "Yeh Mohabbat Mein" - Lata Mangeshkar
- "Zara Nazaron Se Kah Do Ji" - Hemant Kumar
Awards and nominations
- Best Lyricist - Shakeel Badayuni for the song "Kahin Deep Jale Kahin Dil"
- Best Female Playback Singer - Lata Mangeshkar for the song "Kahin Deep Jale Kahin Dil"
- Best Editing - Keshav Naidu
- Best Sound Design - S. Y. Pathak
- Chatterjee, ed. board Gulzar, Govind Nihalani, Saibal (2003). Encyclopaedia of Hindi cinema. New Delhi: Encyclopaedia Britannica. p. 659. ISBN 978-81-7991-066-5.
- BoxOffice India.com
- Bhimani, Harish (1995). In search of Lata Mangeshkar. New Delhi: Indus. ISBN 978-81-7223-170-5.
- 1st Filmfare Awards 1953
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|