Beets, North Holland
The village centre (darkgreen) and the statistical district (lightgreen) of Beets in the municipality of Zeevang.
|• Total||4 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
In 2001, the small village centre of Beets had 243 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 0.05 km², and contained 100 residences. The statistical district "Beets", which covers the village and the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 550.
Until 1970, Beets was a separate municipality.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Beets". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
- Gemeente Zeevang (2009) "Gemeente in cijfers" Gemeentegids Amsterdam: De Telefoongids BV pp. 7.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 . Statistics are for the continuous built-up area.
- Statistics Netherlands, 2007. Figures are for the year 2006. Statistics are available in Google Earth format.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|