Before Their Eyes
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|Before Their Eyes|
|Genres||Post-hardcore Alternative metal|
|Associated acts||Blessthefall, The Plot In You, Settle the Sky, Tonight Is Glory, Legacy, The Hi-Fi Horizon|
|Past members||Landon Tewers
Before Their Eyes is an American post-hardcore band from Findlay, Ohio. The band is currently signed to InVogue Records. Founded by guitarist James Nahorny and vocalist Nick Moore. The name of the band is taken from the New Testament verse Romans 3:18: "There is no fear of God before their eyes." Their second album, The Dawn of My Death, was released October 28, 2008. The album reached No. 9 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. Their third album, "Untouchable", was released March 16, 2010. The album reached No. 22 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart. After this album, guitarist Landon Tewers quit Before Their Eyes to focus on his metalcore band The Plot in You. Simultaneous with Landon's departure, Nick Moore parted ways after his fiancee gave birth to their first child. With Anthony Damschroder and Jarrett Hottman being the only remaining members as of late 2010, the band took a hiatus. The band reformed in 2011 and began the process of writing their third studio album; "Redemption" was released March 26, 2012 through InVogue Records and charted No. 29 on Billboard Heatseekers Chart and No. 30 on Billboard Top Christian Albums.
The band has played many tours, including: Vans Warped Tour 2011, "Spring Break Your Heart Tour" with Forever The Sickest Kids, Tonight Alive, We Are The In Crowd & Breathe Carolina, "The Bangover Tour" with Blessthefall, "Shipwreck in the sand" tour w/ Silverstein, Norma Jean and Blessthefall, the "Coaxial Flutter Tour" alongside Saosin, the Hot N' Heavy Tour alongside Drop Dead, Gorgeous, and He Is Legend, the Artery Across The Nation Tour with A Skylit Drive and Four Letter Lie, the Black on Black Tour with Escape the Fate, the Scream the Prayer Tour in 2008 with Here I Come Falling, and Agraceful, and the One Moment Management Tour with Eyes Set to Kill, Ice Nine Kills, I See Stars, Oceana, and LoveHateHero.
On June 12, 2011, Before Their Eyes announced on their Facebook page that their fourth full-length, entitled "Redemption," would be released on March 27, 2012.
The band also announced that Nicholas Alan Ingram (Capital House Studio) is producing the new record, with Joey Sturgis mastering it.
On January 1, 2012, Before Their Eyes announced via Facebook the release of the album's lead single, "Lies". The video appeared on the YouTube channel of the group's record label, InVogue Records.
In November 2012, Before Their Eyes announced that they will be breaking up in 2013. They planned on recording two EPs, one containing songs that reflect their heavier sound, and the other containing songs that reflect their more pop oriented sound, but decided to just release one more full length album titled, "The Finale" being released sometime in 2013.
On August 3, 2013 the band announced on their Facebook page that they are not breaking up anymore. As a result, the band has changed the title to their fifth full-length record to "Before Their Eyes II" and have announced that it will be under a new label.
- Nicholas Moore - lead vocals (since 2006)(Also in Gentlemen Roosevelt, ex-Planet AD, ex-The Drama Summer)
- Anthony Damschroder - bass (since 2006) (Also in Bright It Up)
- Jordan Disorbo - lead guitar (since 2010)(ex-Settle the Sky)
- Brandon Rosiar - rhythm guitar (since 2011) (ex-Get Up Texas)
- Jarrett Hottman - drums (2006–2011, since 2013)
- Former members
- James Arnold - lead vocals, keyboards (2010)(now in Yellowson and Chromastate, ex-FearItself, ex-Sound the Surrender, ex-The Hi-Fi Horizon, ex-Ghosts Among Us)
- Brenden Zapp - lead guitar, backing vocals (2006–2008)
- Elliott Gruenberg - lead guitar (2009–2010)(currently in blessthefall, ex-Legacy)
- James Nahorny - rhythm guitar (2006)
- Cory Ridenour - rhythm guitar (2006–2007)
- Landon Tewers - rhythm guitar, screamed vocals (2008–2010)(now vocalist of The Plot In You )
- Evan McKeever - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2010–2011)
- Brandon Howard - bass (2006)
- Nathan Warren - bass (2006)
- Zach Baird - drums (2012-2013)
- "City in a Snow Globe" (2007)
- "Life Was All a Dream" (2008)
- "Sing to Me" (2010)
- "Rick vs. Nick" (2010)
- "Lies" (2012)
- Indie Vision Music interview
- Top Heatseekers, Billboard.com
- Scream The Prayer Tour announced // News // Lambgoat