Before They Were Stars
|Before They Were Stars|
|Written by||Philip Gurin|
|Directed by||Ellen Brown|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Columbia Pictures Television
Katie Face Productions
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television|
|Original run||1 February 1996 – 1 June 1996|
Before They Were Stars is a 1996 30-minute American ABC television show which was hosted by Scott Baio, with John Cramer as announcer and narrator; it was preceded by four specials, each an hour long.
The term "Before They Were Stars" has since become widely used by television shows and magazines when featuring segments and articles on famous actors in their lesser-known performances (and non-entertainment jobs).
This TV series showed film clips, commercials, television clips and screen tests of celebrities before they became famous.
- Yasmine Bleeth appeared in episode number 4, season number 1. She described the 1980 childhood film called Hey Babe! in which she starred with actor Buddy Hackett when she was 12 years old. Her character's name was Theresa O'Brian.
- In episode number 7, season number 1, Bleeth again appeared on Before They Were Stars in clips from the popular soap opera Ryan's Hope when she was 16 years old. She starred on the soap opera from 1985-1989.
- Ellen Brown (Director)
- Philip Gurin (Writer)
- Tony Danza (Executive Producer)
- Bruce Nash (Executive Producer)
- Scott Sternberg (Executive Producer)
- Nash Entertainment, Scott Sternberg Productions, Katie Face Productions and Columbia Pictures Television (Production Companies)
- Columbia TriStar International Television (Distributor)