Born in 1939 at Loharu in Haryana, to Amin ud-din Ahmad Khan, the last ruling Nawab of Loharu, a princely state, now in Bhiwani district. She studied at M.G.D. Girls Public School in Jaipur. Married to Syed Zulfiqar Ali Khan of Rampur in 1956, and they have three children 
1. Nawabzada Sayyid Muhammad Kazim 'Ali Khan Bahadur (16 October 1960-), who succeeded as Nawab of Rampur. Succeeded on the death of his father as head of the Royal House of Rampur, 5 April 1992. MLA for Swar Tanda Uttar Pradesh state assembly since 2002, Minister for Minority Welfare & Haj Affairs 2003, and Minister of State for Tourism since 2006. Chair Uttar Pradesh Tourism Development Corp since 2003, and Uttar Pradesh Minorities Financial & Development Corp. Convenor The Indian National Trust For Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) - Rohilkhand Chapter. Mbr Raza Library Brd 1993-2002. m. at Bangalore, 28 December 1987, H.H. Nawab Firda uz-Zamani Yaseen Sultan Jahan Begum Sahiba (b. at Hyderabad, 27 March 1968), younger daughter of Meherban Nawab ‘Abdu’l Rashid Khan Sahib Bahadur, Diler Jang, Nawab of Savanur, by his wife, Nawab Safinaz Jahan Begum Sahiba. He has two sons:
a) Nawabzada Syed 'Ali Muhammad Khan Bahadur (16th, February 1989-)
b) Nawabzada Syed Haider ‘Ali Khan Bahadur (19 March 1990-)
2. Kaniz-i-Rabab Nawabzadi Saman Begum Sahiba (17 November 1957-) (d/o Noor Bano Begum) married to Sahibzada Irfan 'Ali Khan, son of Nawabzada Yunus 'Ali Khan, of Najibabad. She has two sons:
a) Sahibzada Abbas Asadu'llah Khan (27th, July 1982-)
b) Sahibzada Ahmad 'Abdu'llah Khan (26th, May 1993-)
3. Kaniz-i-Shaharbanu Nawabzadi Saba Begum Sahiba (2 February 1959-) (d/o Noor Bano Begum) married to Badar Durrez Ahmed [The Hon. Mr Justice Ahmed] (born at Shillong, 16 March 1956). Lecturer in Economics St Stephen’s Coll, Delhi Univ 1977-1979, enrolled as an Advocate 1980, served in chambers of Siddhartha Shanker Ray 1980-1983, practised independently 1983-1986, partner "Lawyers Associated" 1986-2000, Judge of the Delhi High Court since 2002, Sec. Ghalib Institute, son of H.E. Dr Fakhruddin ‘Ali Ahmed, President of India (24 August 1974 – 11 February 1977)  by his wife, Abida Begum, of Haldoi. She has one daughter and one son:
a) Sahibzada Zulnoor Ali Ahmed (15 November 1986-)
b) Sahibzadi Mahira Ali Ahmed (Mahira Ali Soomar) (25 August 1981-) married to Murtaza Ali Soomar. She has one son- Aariz Ali Soomar (11 November 2011-)
- Genealogy of the Nawabs of Loharu Queensland University.
- Christopher Buyers, March 2004 - February 2011, p.2.
- Christopher Buyers, March 2004 - February 2011, p.3.
- http://presidentofindia.nic.in/formerpresidents.html, p.4
- Christopher Buyers, March 2004 - February 2011, p.5