Beijing–Shenyang High-Speed Railway
|Operator(s)||China Railway High-speed|
|Rolling stock||TBD: CRH5 series|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Beijing–Shenyang High-Speed Railway will be a 705-kilometre high-speed rail line between Beijing and Shenyang cities in China. Construction was supposed to have started in 2010 with the project to be completed in 2012: however the start date has slipped repeatedly and has now been delayed for four years.  Protests by residents along the planned route have caused several safety review to examine the potential noise pollution and electro-magnetic radiation.  The first two reviews suggested installing noise shielding along sensitive parts of the line. The third review called for similar noise shielding in addition to above ground tunnels to completely enclose the line while near urban areas.  In addition the starting point has been relocated to Xinghuo in Chaoyang district of Beijing. In August 2013, the Beijing municipal government published a notice calling for bids to build the line and work is expected to begin shortly with a planned completion sometime in the year 2015. The total investment is expected to be 70 billion yuan. 
The line will relieve a significant bottle neck in China's transportation network between the North East region and Beijing. The route will be north and inland of the existing communication lines which hug the coast around the Bohai sea. The new line will leave Beijing heading north-east to Chengde in Hebei province then turn east through Chaoyang, and Fuxi in Liaoning province, on route to Shenyang. There will be 16 stations along the line, which will be the last section of the Beijing–Harbin Passenger Dedicated Line to be completed; the other sections of that line having been operational since December 1, 2012. The line will have a maximum design speed of 350 km/h  though regular services will operate around 200 to 300 km/h. Travel time between Shenyang and Beijing will be cut from the current 4 hours to just 2 hours and 17 minutes. 
- "Beijing to Shenyang in 2 hours". China Daily. 8 August 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- Tao, Anthony (10 December 2012). "Beijingers Protest Proposed High-Speed Rail Line". Beijing Cream. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Rare Beijing protest takes aim at high speed rail project". 2012-12-09. Retrieved 2012-12-09.
- Chen, Xiaoru (22 November 2012). "Residents reject high speed railway’s 3rd impact study". Global Times. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Work starts on Beijing-Shenyang high speed railway". Shanghai Daily. 6 February 2009. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Beijing-Shenyang high-speed rail to break ground by year's end". People Daily. 19 March 2010. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Beijing to Shenyang High-speed Rail Starts Construction This Year". Echinacities. 24 January 2011. Retrieved 24 August 2013.