Perfect World (company)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: PWRD|
|Industry||Game developer and publisher|
|Headquarters||Beijing, People's Republic of China and Redwood City, California, United States|
|Revenue||CN¥3.05 billion (2013)|
|Net income||CN¥542.4 million (2013)|
Perfect World Entertainment
Perfect World (Chinese: 完美世界; formerly 完美时空) is a China-based online game company specializing in MMORPGs. Beijing Perfect World Co. was founded in 2004 by Chi Yufeng, the president of Human Software Corporation. The company aims to develop and market games with Chinese characteristics. The company's initial public offering on the Nasdaq was completed in July, 2007.
Perfect World is parent to Seattle-based game developer Runic Games. In 2009, Perfect World entered into an exclusive agreement to publish Torchlight, an action-RPG in production by Runic Games worldwide and later bought a majority stake in Runic Games.
- Perfect World - 3D MMORPG January 2006
- Legend of Martial Arts - 3D MMORPG September 2006
- Perfect World II - 3D MMORPG November 2006
- Jade Dynasty - 3D MMORPG May 2007
- Chi Bi - 3D MMORPG January 2008
- Hot Dance Party - 3D MMORPG March 2008
- Pocketpet Journey West - 3D MMORPG October 2008
- Battle of the Immortals - 2.5D MMORPG April 2009
- Ether Saga Odyssey - 3D MMORPG - July 2009
- Fantasy Zhu Xian - 2D MMORPG October 2009
- Dragon Excalibur - 2D MMORPG October 2010
- Forsaken World - 3D MMORPG - October 2010
- Empire of the Immortals - 2.5D MMORPG - Q4 2010
- War of the Immortals - 3D MMORPG - December 2012
- Neverwinter - 3D MMORPG - June 2013*
- Swordsman Online - 3D MMORPG - To Be Announced*
Perfect World Entertainment (U.S. Subsidiary)
Perfect World Entertainment is the company’s North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment currently operates 10 titles.
Perfect World Europe B.V (European Subsidiary)
Created in early 2010, in Amsterdam, Perfect World Europe focuses on localizing and operating massively multiplayer games in Europe. Currently, it has Jade Dynasty as well as Forsaken World in both French and German.
- Perfect World II - French, German - 3D MMORPG November 2006
- Jade Dynasty - French, German - 3D MMORPG May 2007
- Forsaken World - French, German - 3D MMORPG - October 2010
- Star Trek Online - French, German - 3D MMORPG - February 2010
- Blacklight: Retribution - 3D MMORPG - April 2012
- War of the Immortals - French, German - 3D MMORPG - December 2012
- Neverwinter - French, German, Italian, Turkish, Polish, Russian - 3D MMORPG - June 2013
- Swordsman Online - French, German, Turkish - 3D MMORPG - July 2014
C&C Media Co., Ltd (Japan Subsidiary)
Acquired by Perfect World Co. in April 2010, C&C Media Co., Ltd currently has five games from Perfect World Co. and two licensed games.
- Perfect World - 3D MMORPG
- Legend of Martial Arts - 3D MMORPG
- Zhu Xian - 3D MMORPG
- Butt Revenge - 3D MMORPG
- Forsaken World - 3D MMORPG
Perfect World & Valve
On October 18, 2012, Valve Corporation announced an agreement granting Perfect World exclusive rights to operate Dota 2 in mainland China. Co-CEO Mr. Robert Hong Xiao, stated that his company was "confident that adding this action strategy game to our diverse portfolio of games will bring additional world-class entertainment and premier gaming experiences to our players in China."
- PWRD http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/about_mile.html
- "2013 Annual Report".
- IGN. Beijing Perfect World Co. Ltd
- AP. Perfect World shares surge in debut. July 26, 2007.
- "Perfect World Enters into Publishing Agreement with Runic Games" (Press release). Perfect World Co., Ltd. 2009-04-22. Retrieved 2009-04-23.