Beijing West Railway Station
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Chinese Wikipedia. (October 2012)|
Beijing West Station
|Beijing West Station|
|Line(s)||Jingjiu railway, Jingguang Railway|
|No. of platforms||10|
|Major bus terminal(s) attached to the station|
Beijingxi Railway Station or Beijing West Railway Station (Chinese: 北京西站; pinyin: Běijīngxī zhàn; colloquially referred to as West Station 西站) is located in western Beijing's Fengtai District. Opened in early 1996 after three years of construction, it is the largest railway station in Asia with 510,000m². The station serves in average 150,000–180,000 passengers per day with a maximum of 400,000 people per day. It was expanded in 2000 and had a vast amount of parking spaces added.
The Beijing West station cost a record three-quarters-of-a-billion dollars and its construction has been criticized by some over suspicions of corruption during the construction.
|←Beijing-Guangzhou Railway Direction—— Track 6——Beijing-Kowloon Railway Direction→|
|Track 11 （ Xizhang Railway, Beijing-Kowloon Railway）|
|Track 12 （South of this track Beijing–Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong High-Speed Railway）|
Beijing West Railway Station is a terminal for both "traditional" and high-speed trains. It is the Beijing terminal for most trains leaving the city for destinations in western and southwestern China, including Xi'an, Chongqing, Chengdu, Lhasa and Urumqi. Major "traditional" rail lines beginning at this station include the Beijing-Guangzhou Railway (via Wuhan) and the Beijing-Kowloon Railway (via Nanchang and Shenzhen).
Beijing West is the northern terminal of the Beijing-Guangzhou High-Speed Railway as of December 2012. High-speed trains leave the station for Guangzhou and Shenzhen, as well as various destinations on the connecting lines, such as Taiyuan and Xi'an. There are, however, plans to construct new major railway terminal (the new Fengtai Railway Station) in the southwestern part of Beijing, and to eventually make it the terminal for the high-speed trains on the Beijing-Guangzhou line.
Beijing West Railway Station
|Subway station, Line 9|
|No. of platforms||2|
- Beijing Subway: This station is currently served by Line 9 with Line 7 under construction.
- Beijing Bus stops:
- Beijing West Station (北京西站): 9, 21, 40, 47, 50, 52, 54, 65, 67, 83, 89, 99, 205, 209, 212, 213, 301, 319, 320, 373, 374, 387, 414, 437, 616, 623, 661, 662, 663, 673, 694, 695, 741, 840, 843, 845, 901, 特2, 特6, 运通102
- Beijing West Station South Square (北京西站南广场): 53, 72, 109, 122, 309, 349, 410, 616, 820, 890, 941, 982, 993,
- Beijing Airport Bus: Route 7
Bus route numbers in bold denotes terminus at the stop.
- Rough Guide to China - fifth edition, page 83
- "Shanghai to have Asia's largest railway station". Xinhua. 10 August 2006. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- "Bribery in Chinese station construction". BBC News. 3 September 1998.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beijing West Railway Station.|
- Beijing West Railway Station (Chinese)
- Beijing Huoche Zhan Network (Chinese)
- Beijing Railways Time Table