From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up being in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Being is that which has existence or actuality or by synecdoche a living creature or the essence or personality of a human.
Being, may also refer to:
- Being The ultimate category including all this is, in eternity
- Category of being, the metaphysical classification of all beings
- Being-in-itself, a term from 20th-century philosophy
- Ego (spirituality), spiritual or religious "beingness"
- Reference failure, a concept of Bertrand Russell involving fictional beings
- Great chain of being, the rationalist classification of all beings
- Human being
- Human beings in Buddhism
- Sentient beings (Buddhism), a type of being
- Supreme Being, the highest in the hierarchy of beings
- Being (album), 1974 Wigwam album
- "Being Everyone", a single by After Forever
- Being (song), 2006 KOTOKO song
- Human Being (album), an album by Seal
- "Humans Being", song by Van Halen
- Species Being, a rock band
- Being (company), Japanese company
- On Being, a public radio program on religion
- Digital being, artificially intelligent machine
- Energy being, a fictional lifeform
- Liminal being, a fictional lifeform
- being, the present participle and gerund form of the English verb to be
- Being Human (disambiguation)
- Ontology, the study of being
- Ousia, Greek for being
- "Being and Nothingness", an essay on phenomenological ontology by Jean-Paul Sartre
- Being and Time, a book by Martin Heidegger
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.