|Designer(s)||Sharon Bruhn,Jonah Simpson, Bob Church, Shawn Conard, Brian Fiete, Michael Guillory, Michael Guillory, Heather Hazen, Matt Holmberg, Jason Kapalka, Josh Langley, Noah Maas, Adam Macdonnell, Monte Michaelis, Ed Miller, Bill Olmstead, Michael Racioppi, Somatone Audio, Sukhbir Sidhu, Zachary "The Voice" Throne and Chad Zoellner|
|Release date(s)||April 5, 2010|
|Distribution||Digital download, DVD-ROM|
Bejeweled Blitz was originally a Facebook application which is developed and published by PopCap Games. It soon expanded into a downloadable game, based on the then-in-development Bejeweled 3 engine, due to popularity of the differences from Bejeweled 2 and its new graphics. As with the Bejeweled series, Bejeweled Blitz is based on the Shariki game mechanic. It is the fourth game of the multi-selling Bejeweled franchise and initially was available on iOS as part of the Bejeweled 2 iOS application, later on with the standalone iOS application.
The goal of Bejeweled Blitz is to match gems and Multipliers in order to get the highest score possible in one minute. By connecting with Facebook, players can compete with others for a high score on leaderboards.
The main game screen is an 8 x 8 grid of gems. Players make lines of three by swapping gems with adjacent gems. When a match is made, the matched gems disappear and more gems fall into the board from above. Special gems can be created by making matches of four or more. Players will earn a base value of 250 points for each match and if players matched the gems quickly enough three times, they'll earn a Speed Bonus, which adds the bonus to the base starting with 200, and continuing on until 1,000 for nine speed matches, which unlocks the Ignition Meter. If they are fast enough and when the meter is full, then a special ability will occur known as Blazing Speed. During Blazing Speed, the playing field will burn and all gems behave as Flame Gems. If a Multiplier is matched with two other gems, then the point value will increase as the game progresses. After one minute (1:05 if Extra Time is played), players will receive an end-of-game bonus known as the Last Hurrah. When that happens, any Special gems and Multipliers will be removed from the board. The Last Hurrah bonus will then be added to the player's subtotal, which gives them the grand total for the game. Depending on the player's progress, they'll receive a Star Medal and there are fifteen in all. They will receive 25,000 points for the first, 50,000 for the second, and so on until 500,000 or more. There are also Coin Gems. Each time a coin gem is matched, 100 coins will be added to the player's bank. Also, the player will receive five times its base value.
Unlike the previous games in the series, Bejeweled Blitz allows the player to swap gems while gems from previous matches are still falling.
When you put four gems together it becomes a Flame Gem, which when lined up with another two, will blow up the gems directly around it and this brings more points than a simple match.
When you create a T, L, or + shape with gems of the same color they become a Star Gem. Star Gems send electricity down its x-axis and y-axis to destroy all gems along this path, resulting in more points.
Aligning five gems results in creating a Hypercube. If you touch a gem adjacent to the Hypercube, it destroys all gems of that color, resulting in more points. On extremely rare occasions, falling gems create an alignment of six gems or more but all will be absorbed into a Hypercube. If two Hypercubes touch each other, all the gems in the play field are destroyed. Also if a Hypercube touches a Phoenix Prism Gem, all the gems in the play field are also destroyed. 
There are five Boosts in the game and each one has a different ability. Players can carry up to three Boosts at a time and can be used three times.
- Detonator - Detonates all of the Special Gems, Coins and Multipliers on the board. Can only be used once. (3,000 Coins)
- Scrambler - Shuffles the playing field. Can only be used twice. (4,000 Coins)
- +5 Seconds - This adds five seconds to the end of the game. (4,500 Coins)
- Mystery Special Gem - When the game starts, they will receive either a Flame Gem, Star Gem, or a Hypercube. (6,000 Coins)
- x2 Multiplier - Receive a free x2 Multiplier at the start of the game. This boost can also be used for free on Happy Hour Fridays. (7,500 Coins)
Key Stones are bonus challenges that is exclusive to the Facebook version. Each stone is divided into three difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Hard. Each challenge awards the player with extra experience points, coins, free Rare Gems or tokens if they are successful within two days. If the challenge is unsuccessful, then a new one will take its place.
In addition to the basic gems, Bejeweled Blitz has eleven Rare Gems and for each use, the gem's price will be at a discount for a Rare Gem Streak.
- Moonstone - When the game starts, players will have three star gems. Players can also get it for free if they complete the required number of games without making an invalid move from the Key Stones in the Facebook version. (Usual Price 15,000)
- Cat's Eye - During the Last Hurrah, the Multiplier value will triple and the cat will use the eye to get rid of any gems on the board, giving the player even bigger points. The game play stays the same. Players can also get it for free if they can get a Flame Gem or more or a Star Gem or more of the specific color from the Key Stones in the Facebook version. (Usual Price 25,000)
- Big Apple - First introduced on May 20, 2014. At the start of the game, one of three special patterned game board will appear which features red gems. When the red apple gems are matched, it explodes the same way the Flame Gems does. Also when creating a Flame Gem using the red gems will result in creating a red apple gem while the Big Apple harvest is in effect. After the Last Hurrah, there is a special coin bonus behind the nine Big Apple gems ranging from 1,000 to 10,000. (Usual Price 40,000)
- Kanga Ruby - First introduced in October 2012 and also introduced to three levels of Kanga Ruby in February 5, 2013. When the game starts, a special playing field will appear which features red gems. Level 1 can make the match easily on red gems normally while Levels 2 and 3 has a chain reaction pattern that will result in creating Star Gems and Hypercubes. Bruce, the Kanga Ruby Roo will appear on the screen as the game goes on. Each time the player match red gems, the meter increases. When the meter is full, Bruce attacks by using punches, kicks, and tail whips. At the Last Hurrah at Level 1, Bruce will knock out any leftover gems, giving the player bigger points. If at Level 2, Bruce's kid jumps into the game board and the two spin together eliminating the gems at random. When at Level 3, Bruce with his son attempts to punch the gems but a red tyrannosaurus pop out at the right side of the game board scaring Bruce and his son away and gives a huge bite on the gems. The number of red gems is then multiplied by 100 Coins. (Usual Price 50,000) There is also a Level 3 Kanga Ruby which you can get it free on YouTube's official Bejeweled Channel if the player's Facebook account is open, however you can only get it once.
- Blazing Steed - When the game starts, players receive an instant Blazing Speed and Flame Gems have much larger explosions. Also when creating a Flame Gem using any gems of the same color will result in a Blazing Steed explosion effect when matched with regular gems while the Blazing Steed harvest is in effect. At the Last Hurrah, a steed of horses will turn any gems into Flame Gems as it crosses from the three rows at the bottom of the game board, giving the players even bigger points. Players can also get it for free if they can get a Blazing Speed or two from the Key Stones or get it through five Daily Spins within a week in the Facebook version. (Usual Price 55,000)
- Phoenix Prism - This gem is a wild card and if matched with a colored gem, it removes any gems in a diagonal formation. If the prism is matched with a Hypercube, it removes all of the gems on the playing field. At the Last Hurrah, the Phoenix will appear and it will release feathers, which contains a coin bonus ranging from 1,000 to 100,000. A special Phoenix Prism Million Coin Payout event will reward to 1,000,000 coins when a golden feather is awarded. Then, the player will receive a burn-up bonus, which adds 5,000 points times the current multiplier to the player's subtotal. (Usual Price 75,000)
- Flower Power - First introduced on May 8, 2013. When the game starts, one of 3 special patterned game board will appear which features purple flower seed gems. When matched it will grow to flowers with any purple gem matched, giving the player even more points. The purple flower seeds lying on top of the game board can clear more gems when matched because the stem actually clears gems in a rising column pattern while the flower that blooms has the same clearing effect as the Flame Gem. Also when creating a Flame Gem using the purple gems will result in creating a flower seed while the Flower Power harvest is in effect. After the Last Hurrah, there is a special coin bonus behind the 9 Flower Power gems ranging from 1,000 to 100,000. (Usual Price 75,000)
- Rock-It Blast - First introduced on June 26, 2013. When the game starts, one of 3 special patterned game board will appear which features blue gems. During the game, there are blue firework rocket gems, which will release fireworks when matched. This gives the player even more points. The blue firework rocket gems lying on top of the game board can clear more gems when matched but a match with all three blue firework rocket gems can clear almost all gems on the game board. Also when creating a Flame Gem using the blue gems will result in creating a blue firework rocket gem while the Rock-It Blast harvest is in effect. After the Last Hurrah, there is a special coin bonus behind the 9 Rock-It Blast gems ranging from 1,000 to 50,000. This gem is also free if players go to the Facebook page for the game on a July 4 holiday. (Usual Price 75,000)
- Ice Burrrst - First introduced on December 16, 2013. At the start of the game, white gems are replaced by white snowflakes that when matched, it explodes the same way the Flame Gems does. The big comparison to that from the other limited edition rare gems is that white snowflakes appears more often when the gems were matched or destroyed. You can also create a white snowflake gem by matching 4 white gems while the Ice Burrst harvest is in effect. This is the only limited edition rare gem that doesn't give a special coin bonus during the Last Hurrah.(Usual Price 50,000)
- Heart Stone - First introduced on February 10, 2014. When the game starts, one of the 3 special patterned game board will appear which features red gems arranged in a heart shaped pattern and some red hearts in random places. When they match, a heart-like explosion will appear, which removes 13 gems in a heart shaped pattern for 2,500 points. Also when creating a Flame Gem using the red gems will result in creating a red heart shaped gem while the Heart Stone harvest is in effect. After the Last Hurrah, there is a special coin bonus behind the 9 Heart Stone gems ranging from 1,000 to 70,000. (Usual Price 75,000)
- Crystal Clover - First introduced on March 10, 2014 in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. When the game starts, one of the 3 special patterned game board will appear which features green 4-leaf clover gems. When they match, a rainbow-like explosion will appear, which clears up 17 gems in a 4-leaf clover shaped pattern. Also when creating a Flame Gem using the green gems will result in creating a green 4-leaf clover gem while the Crystal Clover harvest is in effect. After the Last Hurrah, there is a special coin bonus behind the 9 Crystal Clover gems ranging from 1,000 to 100,000. (Usual Price 70,000)
The Xbox Live version of the game is a completely different board and does not allow for rare gems and boosts. It is much harder to score points in this version of the game.
- Bejeweled 2 + Blitz at iTunes Preview
- Bejeweled Blitz at iTunes Preview
- Bewjeweled Blitz official Facebook page