Bel Ami (adult film company)
|Founded||1993, Slovak Republic|
|Products||Gay porn movies and internet|
Bel Ami is a gay pornographic film studio with offices in Bratislava, Prague and Budapest. It was established in 1993 by filmmaker George Duroy, a Slovak native who took his pseudonym from the protagonist Georges Duroy in Guy de Maupassant's novel Bel Ami. In addition to hardcore DVDs, Bel Ami and Bruno Gmünder Verlag also produce calendars and photo books, such as Howard Roffman's Private Moments: Bel Ami (2009), and its performers are frequent headliners at nightclubs and similar venues around Europe, the United States and elsewhere.
Bel Ami has employed hundreds of actors over its history. Notable performers include Sebastian Bonnet, Kris Evans, Kevin Warhol, Luke Hamill, Tim Hamilton, Josh Elliot, Tommy Hansen, Dolph Lambert, Brandon Manilow, Johan Paulik, Lukas Ridgeston, Ariel Vanean, Mick Lovell and, more recently, the twins Elijah and Milo Peters, who have performed together in a variety of scenes including oral and condom-free anal sex.
The studio has won numerous adult entertainment awards and nominations. Bel Ami earned five 2010 XBIZ Awards citations, including LGBT studio of the year, and five nominations at the 2010 GayVN Awards, including best newcomer for Kris Evans. They won the award for best marketing—company image. In addition to numerous film accolades, Bel Ami also received an XBIZ Award in 2013 for Gay Site of the Year. George Duroy, as well as marquee performers Lukas Ridgeston and Johan Paulik, have been inducted into the GayVN Awards Hall of Fame.
- Frisky Summer 1,2,3 (1995,1996,1998)
- An American in Prague (1997)
- The 101 Men series (1998-2002)
- The Personal Trainers series (2001- to date)
- Greek Holiday (2004)
- Lukas in Love (2005)
- The Private Life of Brandon Manilow (2008)
- French Kiss (2008)
- Seriously Sexy (2009)
- 5 Americans in Prague (2009)
- Todd and Dolph (2010)
- Skin on Skin (2010)
- Step by Step: The Education of Porn Star: Kris Evans (2010)
- Step by Step: The Education of a Porn Star: Jean-Daniel Chagall (2010)
- Taboo (2010)
- Bel Ami 3D (2011)
- Kinky Angels 1: Kevin Warhol (2011)
- Kris Evans: Up & Close (2011)
- Irresistible (2012)
- Passion (2012)
- An American in Prague in 3D (2013)
- List of male performers in gay porn films
- List of pornographic film studios#Studios that include male-male and male-TG sex
- List of pornographic magazines#Marketed to gay and bisexual men
- Bel Ami : best of Johan, Bruno Gmunder, 2000, ISBN 978-3-86187-186-6
- Images of desire : models by Bel Ami, Pro-Fun, 2000, ISBN 978-3-931613-01-3
- Bel Ami : Summertime, Bruno Gmunder, 2000, ISBN 978-3-86187-171-2
- Sebastian & friends, B. Gmünder, 2004, ISBN 978-3-86187-647-2
- Roffman, Howard (2006), The boys of Bel Ami, B. Gmünder, ISBN 978-3-86187-989-3
- Roffman, Howard (2009), Private moments: Bel Ami, B. Gmünder, ISBN 978-3-86787-037-5
- Roffman, Howard (2010), The blush of youth, B. Gmünder, ISBN 978-3-86787-145-7
- Roffman, Howard (2012), For the love of Bali, B. Gmünder, ISBN 978-3-86787-239-3
- Bel Ami : 69 Positions of Joyful Gay Sex, Bruno Gmunder Verlag, 2012, ISBN 978-3-86787-261-4
- Joan Crisol : Bel Ami Rebels, Bruno Gmunder Verlag, 2012, ISBN 978-3-86787-425-0
- Morrison, Todd G. (2004), Eclectic views on gay male pornography: pornucopia, Routledge, p. 161, ISBN 978-1-56023-291-9
- TLA Video (11 October 2010). "Bel Ami Search books". TLAvideo.com. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- JC Adams (4 June 2009). "Bel Ami Twins No Longer ‘Sex Buddies’". Gay Porn Times. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- Rogers, Thomas (May 21, 2010). "Gay Porn's Most Shocking Taboo". Salon. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- Steve Javors (16 December 2009). "XBIZ Announces Finalist Nominees for 2010 XBIZ Awards". XBIZ. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- Sherri L. Shaulis (24 September 2010). "Big Winners Honored at GayVN Awards". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on 29 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- XBIZ Award Winners 2013, XBIZ, January, 2013
- none (24 September 2010). "GayVN Nominees Hall of Fame". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2010-11-10.