Belarusian State Academy of Arts
|Belarusian State Academy of Arts|
|Location||Independence Ave, Minsk 220012, Republic of Belarus|
|Public transit access||Subway: Academy of Sciences|
Belarusian State Academy of Arts (Belarusian: Беларуская дзяржаўная акадэмія мастацтваў Russian: Белорусская государственная академия искусств) is a state-owned institution of higher education in Minsk, Belarus. Belarusian State Academy of the Arts has status as a leading institution of the national system of art and cultural education alongside the Belarusian State Academy of Music and the Belarusian State University of Culture and the Arts.
It was established in 1945 as the Belarus Theatrical institute. Art faculty was established in 1953, and renamed into the "Belarusian State Academy of Arts" in 2001. With an enrolment of over 1,300 students, the academy is largest art and design institution in the Republic of Belarus.
Faculty and Curriculum
- Easel painting
- Monumental and Decorative painting
- Graphics and printmaking
- Boris Zaborov, Contemporary painter, living in France.
- Valery Shkaruba, Landscape painter, represented Belarus at Venice biennale 2005.
- Alexandr Rodin, Contemporary painter, living in Germany.
- Viktar Kopach, Contemporary sculptor, living in Belarus.
Notable faculty and staff
- Mai Danzig, National artist of USSR / Dean, Art faculty
- Belarusian State University of Culture website
- Russian education and society Vol 48 2006 "at the top of the pyramid are 3 functioning higher educational institutions: the Belarusian State Academy of Music, the Belarusian State Academy of the Arts, and the Belarusian State University of Culture and the Arts."