Belaya Rus vodka
|Country of origin||Minsk, Belarus|
|Related products||List of vodkas|
Belaya Rus (Belarusian: Белая Русь,"White Russia", "White Rus") is a brand of vodka, launched in the US in 2012 by Gvardia LLC and distilled in Belarus from a blend of premium hard winter wheat (%25) and rye (75%) using pure artesian water drawn from wells 1000 ft. (290 meters) deep. It is distilled six times and filtered with patented method using black flint or "Cremia", a mineral found only in Belarus. The alcohol content of this spirit is 40%, (eighty proof), priced similarly to Smirnoff and Svedka.
Meaning of the name and its translation
Belaya Rus literally translates as White Russia, a name that has historically been applied to a part of the wider region of Ruthenia or Rus' and comprised from the northern part of Ukraine, the north-western part of Russia, Belarus and some eastern parts of Poland and Slovakia.
Belaya Rus vodka brand was created to commemorate Minsk Kristall distillery's 100th anniversary in 1993. In 2010 vodka have received kosher certification from Chief Rabbi of Russia Berel Lazar. Minsk Kristall distillery was founded by brothers Rakovshchiks in 1893 with 24 employees at that time, with over 800 employees in 2011. Belaya Rus bottle design incorporates a QR code.
New York International Spirits Competition
- 2013 Double Gold Medal and "Rye Vodka of the Year"
International Review of Spirits Competition: Beverage Tasting Institute of Chicago
- 2011 Gold Medal and "2011 Best Buy Bar Competition - Best Value Vodka $15 and Under" with "Exceptional" ratings (90 points)
- 2011 Silver Medal and "Best Buy" Award with "Highly Recommended" ratings (89 points)
- 1999 Belaya Rus Vodka had been rated by the Beverage Tasting Institute of Chicago in 1999 considerable higher than SkkY (86), Absolut (83), Smirnoff (83) and hundreds of other brands (89 points, $18.00, Silver Medal).
- Grand Prix and the Platinum Quality symbol
- 7 gold, 4 silver and 1 bronze medals
- Best Belarusian Product of the Year in Russia 2006"
- Best product of the Year 2003"
- РУП «Минск Кристалл» получил сертификат кошерности (RUE "Minsk Crystall" received a kosher certification): http://www.kosherlist.ru/home/161--l-r-.html
- Belaya Rus Vodka Facebook Page
- Belaya Rus Vodka www.belayarusvodka.com
- 2013 New York International Spirits Competition Results
- 2011 Beverage Testing Institute Results
|This distilled beverage–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|