|Elevation||42 m (138 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Belda is a small town in Paschim Medinipur district of West Bengal, India located approximately 40 km (24.85 mi) south of Kharagpur town. The NH 60 of the famous Golden Quadrilateral, familiar as O. T. Road before has connected this town to the rest part of India. It also connects its south-west rural region with State highway no. 4. Belda is also well connected by railroad and also known as the gateway to Orissa. Thus, Belda plays an important role in connecting eastern India with southern India. Due to its easy access from different parts, it is a good business center.
Belda railway station (earlier contai road) is under the administrative control of the South Eastern Railway. The station is located about 70 km (43.50 mi) from Digha and is on the Baleswar (Balasore)-Kharagpur rail route. The main train connections include East Coast Express and Sri Jagannath Express. Computerized reservation facility is available now. The major railhead close to the station is Kharagpur Junction Railway Station.
Belda is located at gram panchayats Belda–I and Belda–II are located in the Narayangarh community development block in the Kharagpur subdivision of the Paschim Medinipur district. Belda is the headquarters of the Narayangarh CD block.. It has an average elevation of 12 metres (42 feet). The
Cultures and Festivals
Belda celebrates most of the common Bengali festivals. Most important festival is Durga Puja, which attracts thousands of people. Kali puja is another popular one. Other festivals includes Saraswati puja, Basanti puja. Dassera and Diwali are popular among the Gujrati communities living in this town. Satyanarayan Mandir is one of the mandir where Navratri is celebrated with a bright,elegant and traditional dance style called Garba. It attracts Gujaratis from places far as it is still conducted in traditional form and is still pure in devotion of Maa Ambe.
There is a sizable population of Muslims in Belda.Currently there are two Mosques.Jama Masjid Belda being the largest among them where Tablighi Jamaat comes from various places of West Bengal,India and other parts of the world.
Almost all type of religious people stay at Belda. And because of these reason, not only all Bengali festivals,the other religious festivals also happens at Belda grandly like Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Milad-un-Nabi, Muharram,Mahavir Jayanti etc.
Getting to Belda
- By train: From Howrah, it is 154 km from Howrah via Kharagpur and Mecheda. From Kharagpur several passenger trains are available to reach Belda.
- By bus: It is hard to get buses directly from Kolkata or Howrah, but after arriving at Kharagpur railway station by train several buses are available or anyone can get a Digha or Egra bound buses from Howrah then several Belda bound buses are available from there to reach Belda.
- Now daily local train also available from Belda to Howrah starting from Belda around 6:20 AM,
now the name of the station is changed as 'Belda Station'.
From Kharagpur or Midnapore
Mainly two Bus stands -
- Keshiary More
- Main Bus Stand
Long distance trains from Belda
- Dhauli Express (Howrah-Puri) [Daily]
- East Coast Express (Howrah-Hyderabad) [Daily]
- Jagannath Express (Howrah-Puri) [Daily]
- Simlipal Express (Shalimar-Baripada) [Sun,Wed,Thurs] (though not long distant train)
- Shalimar-puri Weekly Superfast Express [Wed]
- Kharagpur-Vellupuram Express [Wed, Thurs]
- Howrah-Bhadrak Bagha Jatin Fast Passenger [Daily]
- Howrah-Puri Passenger [Daily]
- Howrah-Belda Local [Daily]
- Kharagpur-Bhadrak DMU Local[Daily]
- Kharagpur-Jajpur Passenger [Daily]
- Kharagpur-Khurda Road Fast Passenger [Except- Sunday]
- Kharagpur-Balasore Passenger [Except- Sunday]
- Belda Gangadhar Academy 
- Belda Prabhati Balika Vidyapith
- Belda Binapani Primary School
- Belda Himansu Sekhar Prathamik Vidhyalaya
- Belda English Medium School
- Belda Lions School Life & Light
- Shivananda Shiksha Niketan 
- Belda Janaki School
- Deuli High School
- Deuli Sudhir Pry School
- Belda College [http://www.beldacollege.org.in/]: It is affiliated to Vidyasagar University and it provides graduation on many of major subjects and it is also provides post graduation in English and Bengali. Belda College is in the list of top 3 colleges among V.U colleges.
- Computer Gallery 
- Manna Infotech
- Abm Computer
- System Infotech
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Paschim Medinipur district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-27.