Beldanga I (community development block)
বেলডাঙা I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||165.77 km2 (64.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,600/km2 (4,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Baharampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Beldanga, Rejinagar, Naoda|
Beldanga I (community development block) is an administrative division in Barhampur subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Beldanga police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Beldanga.
Beldanga is located at
Gram panchayats of Beldanga I block/ panchayat samiti are: Begunbari, Bhabta I, Bhabta II, Chaitanyapur I, Chaitanyapur II, Debkundu, Kapasdanga, Madda, Mahula I, Mahula II, Mirzapur I, Mirzapur II and Sujapur-Kumarpur.
As per 2001 census, Beldanga I block has a total population of 259,139, out of which 134,602 were males and 124,537 were females. Beldanga I block registered a population growth of 23.35 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 23.70 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Murshidabad district. Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12". Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.