|Chief Executive Officer - Sheldon Yellen
Chief Operating Officer - Mike Yellen
Chief Financial Officer - Joe Ciolino
BELFOR is a disaster recovery and property restoration company. With over 6,000 employees worldwide and more than 250 offices in 28 countries, BELFOR has a network of resources, personnel and equipment geographically positioned to respond to any natural or man-made disaster throughout the world.
BELFOR Holdings Inc. is a privately owned holding company headquartered in Birmingham, Michigan, USA; and operates many subsidiary companies.
BELFOR USA Group is the significant subsidiary and operates under the name of BELFOR Property Restoration. BELFOR operates more than 100 offices across the U.S. (2012).
BELFOR (Canada) Inc., headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, operates 34 offices coast to coast under the BELFOR Property Restoration trade name.
Awards and Recognition
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA) Phoenix Award for Innovation In Reconstruction - 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012
- #1 Contractor of Top 500 – Qualified Remodeler Magazine - 2001 through 2014
- Utah Best of State: Restoration Services - 2011, 2012, 2013
- Asia Insurance Industry Awards - Service Provider of the Year 2011, 2012
- Belfor technicians are trained to follow all OSHA,IICRC,CSCU, Standards.
BELFOR's CEO Sheldon Yellen was featured 2011 in CBS's primetime show Undercover Boss. More than 13 million viewers watched as Yellen took an emotional journey through the everyday lives of four BELFOR employees. As he worked side by side disguised as an unemployed insurance salesman, Yellen witnessed firsthand on-the-job trials and personal struggles that each employee faced on a daily basis. During his own struggle with physically demanding challenges in difficult jobsite situations, he revealed his true identity in an emotional moment to reassure a dedicated employee that her work with the company was appreciated, Yellen was reminded of the many contributions that BELFOR employees make for the company on a daily basis. He now reminds his management team that they must be in touch with the needs of all employees, and he has vowed to become more involved beyond the corporate office.
Sheldon’s expressive demeanor, as well his concern for his employees, was so powerful that the episode received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Reality Program in 2011.
Recovery Role In Notable Natural Disasters
- 2000: HYDERABAD, INDIA FLOOD – Recovered 100,000 books and manuscripts in the 17th Century Khan Collection at Urdu Research Library.
- 2001: SEPTEMBER 11th – Completed a total of 62 recovery projects following the 9-11 World Trade Center attacks in New York City; recovered approximately 150,000 pieces of electronic equipment and decontaminated more than 1.3 million square feet of office space.
- 2001: TROPICAL STORM ALLISON – Performed water damage recovery projects from severe flooding including major medical district buildings in Houston, Texas.
- 2004: MANOA FLOOD – Recovered 47,000 maps and 75,000 aerial photographs in the University of Hawaii Library; research collection on the Western Pacific Islands and Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
- 2004: HURRICANE IVAN – Performed thermal vacuum freeze drying to restore more than 4,000 boxes of documents, half of the vital records in the Cayman Islands National Archives.
- 2005: HURRICANE KATRINA – Restored more than 500 commercial buildings over a two-year period. The largest project – Tulane University – involved 104 flood-damaged buildings and required 75 percent of the campus be restored in 122 days. A total of 20,000 cubic feet of paper materials were recovered in the Tulane University Library, including approximately 120,000 books, microfilm in the Latin American Library Collection, an historic New Orleans music collection, and valuable government documents. Over 6,000 cubic feet of archive materials were recovered from the Jones Hall Archives at Tulane University.
- 2009: SARAH JORDAN BOARDING HOUSE FIRE –historic fire restoration of house/museum that was home to Thomas Edison’s Research and Development complex.
- 2010: CHILE EARTHQUAKE – installed more than 753,000 square feet of shrink wrap protection and restored one of South America’s largest data warehouses, including millions of documents and data media.
- 2011: BANGKOK, THAILAND FLOODING - Provided a large-scale response from BELFOR offices in 10 countries to assist with recovery of large manufacturing facilities.
- 2012: SUPERSTORM SANDY - Large-scale response and massive mobilization of BELFOR emergency response teams to aid in recovery efforts. The company had more than 3,000 people on the ground, along with an arsenal of equipment and disaster recovery supplies.
- Belfor Main Page
- CBS - Best of Undercover Boss
- CNBC - BELFOR CEO: Sandy Clean-Up
- Inc. - Sheldon Yellen: Why I Went On Undercover Boss
- IMDb - Undercover Boss
- CBS NEWS - Undercover Boss: Sheldon Yellen Courts Disaster
- CBS MoneyWatch - How BELFOR Grew To Be #1 In Disaster Recovery
- CNN Money - Cleaning Up After Sandy