From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Related ethnic groups|
A Belgian Australian is an Australian citizen of Belgian descent or a Belgian-born person who resides in Australia.
Notable Belgian Australians
This is a list of notable Belgian Australians and their descendants.
- Ted Baillieu. Liberal Party of Australia Premier of Victoria (2010-2013) and Member of the Legislative Assembly for the Electoral district of Hawthorn since 1999.
- William Lawrence Baillieu. Philanthropist, businessman and parliamentarian.
- Mathias Cormann. Liberal Party of Australia Senator from Western Australia since 2007.
- Wouter De Backer (Gotye). ARIA Award-winning singer-songwriter.
- Bradley Wiggins. Born in Belgium to an Australian father.
- Chantale Delrue. Visual artist. Inducted to membership of Tasmanian Honour Roll of Women.
- Nicolas Hyeronimus (1808-1860) was a pioneering innkeeper, merchant, pastoralist and politician in colonial New South Wales, Australia. Member of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly as inaugural Member for the electoral district of Wellington.
- Karel Axel Lodewycks. Author and Chief Librarian of the Melbourne University Library.
- Pierre Ryckmans. Professor of Chinese Studies at the University of Sydney.
- K.A.Lodewycks (1988), The Belgians in Australia, Pages 56-57.
- K.A.Lodewycks (1988), The Belgians in Australia, Pages 124-125.
- K.A.Lodewycks (1982), The funding of wisdom: revelations of a library's quarter century, Melbourne, Spectrum. ISBN 0-86786-006-5
- K.A.Lodewycks (1988), "Belgians", in James Jupp(ed.) (1988), The Australian People. An Encyclopedia of the Nation, Its People and Their Origins, North Ryde, NSW, Angus and Robertson, Pages 284-285. ISBN 0-207-15427-9
- K.A.Lodewycks (1988), The Belgians in Australia, Bowen Hills, Queensland, Boolarong Publications. ISBN 0-86439-057-2
- K.A.Lodewycks (2001), "Belgians", in James Jupp (ed.) (2001), The Australian People. An Encyclopedia of the Nation, Its People and Their Origins, Revised edition, Cambridge, UK, Cambridge University Press, Pages 185-186. ISBN 0-521-80789-1