Belgian First Division top scorers
The following is the list of Belgian Pro League top scorers by season, since the inception of the Belgian First Division in 1895 until the present day.
Arthur Ceuleers and Jules Van Craen hold the record for most goals in a single season at 41. Erwin Vandenbergh holds the record for most awards won, with six wins. The most recent top scorer of the Belgian Pro League is Hamdi Harbaoui.
|Player (X)||Name of the player and number of times they had won the award at that point (if more than one)|
|Indicates multiple award winners in the same season|
|Indicates player also won the European Golden Shoe in the same season|
|§||Denotes the club were Belgian Pro League champions in the same season|
- 1^ Originally, Rik Coppens was credited with the title of top scorer for the 1951-52 season with 23 goals, until in 2011 a fan noticed that Jozef Mannaerts had actually scored 25 goals that season and the title changed hands.
- 2^ Josip Weber changed nationality during the 1993-94 season.
- 3^ Starting with the 2009-10 season, only 30 games were played in the regular competition to decide upon the title of topscorer. In the first season, the title of top scorer was decided immediately after these 30 games. However from the season 2010-11 on, the goals scored during the playoffs will count. If this rule had been in place during the 2009-10 season, Dorge Kouemaha would have been top scorer instead of Lukaku.
- "RC Mechelen-forward is the top scorer of the 1951-52 season" (in Dutch). sporza.be. 2011-12-06.
- "Top scorer known only after play-offs" (in Dutch). nieuwsblad.be. 2011-03-18.
- Belgian FA website - List of top scorers