From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Bélgica or belgica in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Belgica ordinarily denotes the Roman province of Gallia Belgica.
Belgica may also refer to:
- Latin designations of the Seventeen Provinces of the Low Countries, later divided in:
- The kingdom of Belgium revived the toponym in a new form in 1830
- Belgica (midge), a genus of flies
- Belgica, digital library of the Royal Library of Belgium
- Belgica metro station, one of the metro stations on line 6 of the Brussels Metro opened in 1982
- 1052 Belgica, an asteroid discovered in 1925
- Fort Belgica, one of many forts built by the Dutch East India Company located in the Banda Islands, Maluku Province
- La Bélgica, a small town in Bolivia
- RV Belgica, the name of two Belgian scientific research vessels, of 1884 and 1984
- Belgian Antarctic Expedition, an expedition named after the first Belgica
- Belgica Mounds, seamounts in the Porcupine Bight in the NE Atlantic; named after the RV Belgica, which investigated these features during a scientific cruise
- Belgica Mountains, a mountain chain in Antarctica named after the first research vessel
- SS Belgica, a number of steamships with this name
- Ulmus × hollandica 'Belgica', the Belgian elm, a tree variety popular throughout Belgium and the Netherlands in the 19th century
- Belgae, peoples in the Roman province Belgica
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Belgica.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.