Belgium at the 1948 Summer Olympics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Belgium at the Olympic Games|
|At the 1948 Summer Olympics in London|
|Competitors||152 (132 men, 20 women) in 17 sports|
|Olympic history (summary)|
- Paul Valcke, André van de Werve de Vorsselaer, Georges de Bourguignon, Raymond Bru, Edouard Yves, and Henri Paternoster — Fencing, Men's Foil Team Competition
- Men's Team Competition
- Preliminary Round (Group B)
- Lost to South Korea (27-29)
- Lost to China (34-44)
- Defeated Iraq (98-20)
- Defeated Chile (38-36)
- Defeated Philippines (37-35)
- Classification Matches
- 9th/16th place: Defeated Hungary (walk-over)
- 9th/12th place: Lost to Canada (40-45)
- 11th/12th place: Defeated Philippines (38-34) → Eleventh place
18 fencers, 15 men and 3 women, represented Belgium in 1948.
- Georges de Bourguignon, Henri Paternóster, Édouard Yves, Raymond Bru, André Van De Werve De Vorsselaer, Paul Valcke
Three male pentathletes represented Belgium in 1948.
- "Belgium at the 1948 London Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
|This article about sport in Belgium is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1948 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|