|Education||Star of the Sea Primary School
Woodlands Grammar School
University of Adelaide
|Occupation||News Anchor of Ten News at Five, talkback radio presenter|
|Family||husband, 2 children|
Belinda Heggen is an Australian journalist and news presenter. She worked at ADS10 in Adelaide as a general assignment reporter, and also wrote occasional columns for the newspaper Messenger. Belinda moved to Sydney in 2008 and was a finance reporter for Ten Early News, who filled in for Kathryn Robinson. She was also a Ten Late News reporter on Friday nights. She has also worked on Adelaide's radio station, FiveAA as a talk back host between 1pm-4pm on weekdays.
In 2008, she presented the Adelaide news alongside George Donikian while Rebecca Morse was on maternity leave. On 2 February 2012, Heggen resigned from Network Ten after Network Ten's downsizing.
FiveAA radio station
On 28 May 2012, Adelaide talk radio station 5AA announced Heggen as its new afternoon (1:00pm–4:00pm) host replacing Amanda Blair beginning 12 June. Heggen had previously filled in for Blair on a number of occasions.
On 15 February 2011, Heggen received global media attention for a comment made to Ten News presenter Mark Aiston. Aiston reported on the video of the Ashes urn, which featured English cricketer Andrew Strauss posing with the object. The footage went back to the newsroom after the report, showing Aiston telling Heggen "I just can't understand how something so small can be so impressive." to which Heggen replied, "Well, Mark, you would know about that".
Heggen later explained on Adelaide radio station Nova 91.9 that she and Aiston never had any romantic history and that it was a practical joke. "Those in Adelaide who know Mark Aiston know that he's a practical joker, and a prankster, and he's always cracking jokes and trying to catch us out. So I've always had in my mind a desire to try and catch him, um, and on air no less." she stated.
- Smart, Cindie (10 June 2011). "Belinda Heggen's Rollercoaster Ride". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Default.aspx "Belinda Heggen begins her radio career with FIVEaa next month". Adelaide Now. 26 May 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Newsreader Belinda Heggen quits Ten". Adelaide Now. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Knox, David (1 February 2012). "Belinda Heggen quits TEN News Adelaide". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "5AA replace Blair". Radio Today. 26 May 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "ARE CHANNEL 10 LINING UP BELINDA HEGGEN FOR THEIR UPCOMING BREAKFAST SHOW?". 2 August 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Ten Newsreaders Awkward Joke". Adelaide, Australia: ninemsn. 15 February 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Belinda Heggen Explains Her Dig at Mark Aiston". Adelaide, Australia: Nova FM. 16 February 2012.
- "Belinda Heggen explains her 'tiny manhood' putdown of Mark Aiston". NBC Sports. 17 February 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
|Ten Late News
George Donikian and Rebecca Morse
|Ten News at Five Adelaide
2011 - 2012