The Bellevue Mosque (Swedish: Bellevuemoskén) is the a mosque in Gothenburg, Sweden. It is located at Generalsgatan 2A in the "Bellevue" district of Gothenburg. The mosque is administered by the Somali-dominated Islamic Sunni Centre Denomination (Swedish: Islamiska Sunnicentret Trossamfund, ISC) and advocates the Salafi movement of Islam.
The mosque has been in the focus of media several times for its alleged ties to various Islamist and terrorist-designated organizations. According to an article in Göteborgs-Tidningen, Mirsad Bektašević, the Swedish citizen of Bosniak descent who was convicted on terrorism-related charges in Sarajevo in 2007, was a frequent attendee of the Bellevue Mosque. In the same article it was further claimed that the mosque had financial ties to the al-Haramain Foundation, a Saudi-based charity group which has been listed on the United Nations list of "entities belonging to or associated with al-Qaeda". Representatives from the foundation are also said to have visited the mosque at several occasions.
In July 2009 it was reported that Xasan Xuseen, described as spiritual leader of the Somali Islamist group al-Shabaab, had been invited to speak at a conference at the mosque. al-Shabaab has carried out several suicide attacks in Somalia and is designated as a terrorist organization by the United States Department of State. It is also described, although not officially designated, as a terrorist organization by the Swedish Security Service among others.
- Cleris, Johannes (2 July 2009). "Terrorutpekad till Göteborg" (in Swedish). Göteborgs-Posten. Retrieved 5 July 2009.[dead link]
- Bergsten, Henrik (25 April 2006). "Så motarbetas integrationen i Sverige" (in Swedish). Uppdrag granskning. Retrieved 2 January 2007.
- Lisinski, Stefan (11 November 2005). "Säpo utreder medhjälp till terrorbrott" (in Swedish). Dagens Nyheter. Retrieved 2 January 2007.
- Wångersjö, Mats (23 November 2005). "Terrormisstänkt utbildades i mosken" (in Swedish). Göteborgs-Tidningen. Retrieved 2 January 2007.
- Sydvik, Per (27 December 2006). "Oroligt bland Göteborgs somalier" (in Swedish). Göteborgs-Posten. Retrieved 2 January 2007.[dead link]
- "Designation of Al-Shabaab" (Press release). United States Department of State. 18 March 2008. Archived from the original on 19 March 2008. Retrieved 18 March 2008.
- "16 mars - om Säpo och om bankernas vinster". Agenda. 2008-03-16. 29 minutes in. Sveriges Television. SVT1. http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=73338&a=1085036&lid=puff_1086444&lpos=lasMer.