Magnus Church (Magnuskerk) in Bellingwolde
Location of Bellingwolde (red) in Bellingwedde (green), Groningen (dark grey), Netherlands (light grey)
|• Total||451 ha (1,114 acres)|
|• Land||445 ha (1,100 acres)|
|• Water||6 ha (15 acres)|
|• Density||530/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Bellingwolde (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌbɛlɪŋˈʋɔldə]) is a village with a population of 2,405 people in the municipality Bellingwedde in the Netherlands. It is situated in the south of the region Oldambt, in the north of the region Westerwolde, and in the east of the province Groningen, at the border with Germany.
Bellingwolde was a separate municipality until 1968. It has a state protected village area with several monumental farm houses. Other attractions are the Magnus Church, the Law House, Veldkamp's Mill, and Museum de Oude Wolden. There are four primary schools and a secondary school in the village.
|This section requires expansion. (January 2014)|
Bellingwolde was also the name of a separate municipality until 1 September 1968, when it was merged with Wedde to form the new municipality Bellingwedde. The former municipality contained the villages Bellingwolde, Klein-Ulsda, Oudeschans, Rhederbrug, and Vriescheloo.
Bellingwolde is located at Bellingwedde, in the east of the province Groningen, in the northeast of the Netherlands. The village is in the south of the region Oldambt and in the north of the region Westerwolde, situated between the river Westerwoldse Aa in the west and the canal B.L. Tijdenskanaal in the east.(53.12, 7.17) in the northeast of the municipality
The nearest city Winschoten is 8 km to the west. In between Winschoten and Bellingwolde is the village Blijham. In the northwest it is close to the village Oudeschans, which previously was called Bellingwolderschans. In the south Bellingwolde is connected with the village Vriescheloo and the hamlet Rhederbrug.
Bellingwolde is an administrative neighbourhood (Dutch: buurt) and district (Dutch: wijk). The district Bellingwolde is one of three districts in Bellingwedde, the other two being Oost and Blijham. The district Bellingwolde contains the neighbourhoods Bellingwolde, Vriescheloo, Rhederbrug (western part), Oudeschans, Klein-Ulsda, and some scattered houses.
|0–15 years old||16%||14%||17%|
|15–25 years old||10%||10%||12%|
|25–45 years old||26%||20%||26%|
|45–65 years old||28%||34%||28%|
|65+ years old||20%||22%||16%|
Of the total population 45% is married, 41% is unmarried, 8% is divorced, and 6% is widowed. The district has 1,160 households, 38% are single-person households, 32% are multi-person households without children, and 31% are multi-person households with children.
Since 2009, Bellingwolde has a state protected village area (Dutch: beschermd dorpsgezicht) with many monumental buildings among which are the Magnus Church (16th century), the Law House (17th century), the Veldkamp's Mill (19th century), and about twenty farmhouses.
The Museum de Oude Wolden is a regional museum about the art and history of Oldambt and Westerwolde. It has a permanent exhibition of paintings by magic realist Lodewijk Bruckman and temporary exhibitions.
The provincial road N969 connects Bellingwolde to Blijham in the west and Rhederbrug and the German border in the southeast. The provincial road N973 connects Bellingwolde to Vriescheloo and Wedde in the southwest, but is discontinued as a numbered road in northeast direction. The nearest highway is the A7 (E22) with its nearest exit just north of Oudeschans.
The nearest railway is the Harlingen–Nieuweschans railway north of Bellingwedde, with stations in Winschoten and Bad Nieuweschans. There are three bus lines, operated by Qbuzz, passing through Bellingwolde and connecting it to nearby settlements and the two railway stations:
- Line 12: Winschoten – Blijham – Bellingwolde – Blijham – Winschoten
- Line 612: Bad Nieuweschans – Klein-Ulsda – Bellingwolde – Blijham – Winschoten
- Line 811: Bad Nieuweschans – Klein-Ulsda – Oudeschans – Bellingwolde – Vriescheloo – Veelerveen – Vlagtwedde
The secondary school Dollard College has a location with 175 students in Bellingwolde. At this school location, the students can do the first two years of vmbo, havo, and vwo, and the final two years of the vmbo theoretical program.
There are no institutions for tertiary education located in Bellingwolde.
- (Dutch) CBS StatLine, Statistics Netherlands, 2013. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Ad van der Meer & Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten 1812-2006, Data Archiving and Networked Services, 2006. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Bellingwolde". Retrieved on 1 December 2014.
- (Dutch) Aanwijzing beschermd dorpsgezichten Bellingwolde, gemeente Bellingwedde, Staatscourant, 2009. Retrieved on 2013-06-08.
- (Dutch) Musea en monumenten, Municipality of Bellingwedde. Retrieved on 23 September 2014.
- (Dutch) Programma, Museum de Oude Wolden, 2013. Retrieved on 2013-06-08.
- (Dutch) Adresgegevens, Biblionet Groningen. Retrieved on 7 October 2014.
- (Dutch) "Rhederweg afgesloten voor doorgaand verkeer", Westerwolde Actueel, 2014. Retrieved on 19 November 2014.
- (Dutch) Voordracht van Gedeputeerde Staten aan Provinciale Staten van Groningen betreffende de overdracht van het wegvak Wedde-Bellingwolde N973 aan de gemeente Bellingwedde, Province of Groningen, 2008. Retrieved on 19 November 2014.
- (Dutch) Lijn 12 Ringlijn Winschoten Station - Bellingwolde, OV in Nederland.nl, 2014. Retrieved on 16 November 2014.
- (Dutch) Lijn 612 Bad Nieuweschans Hoofdstraat - Winschoten Busstation, OV in Nederland.nl, 2014. Retrieved on 16 November 2014.
- (Dutch) Lijn 811 Bad Nieuweschans Busstation - Vlagtwedde Marke, OV in Nederland.nl, 2014. Retrieved on 16 November 2014.
- (Dutch) Basisonderwijs, Municpality Bellingwedde. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Voortgezet onderwijs, Municpality Bellingwedde. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Bellingwedde, Dollard College. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Algemene informatie, Dollard College. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bellingwolde.|
||Beerta||Bad Nieuweschans||Bunde, Weener (Germany)|