Magnus Church (Magnuskerk) in Bellingwolde
Location of Bellingwolde in Bellingwedde (green), Groningen (dark grey), Netherlands (light grey)
|• Total||451 ha (1,114 acres)|
|• Land||445 ha (1,100 acres)|
|• Water||6 ha (15 acres)|
|• Density||530/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||NL-GR|
Bellingwolde (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌbɛlɪŋˈʋɔldə]) is a village with a population of 2,405 people in the municipality Bellingwedde in the Netherlands. It is situated in the south of the region Oldambt, in the north of the region Westerwolde, and in the east of the province Groningen, at the border with Germany.
|This section requires expansion. (January 2014)|
Bellingwolde is located at Bellingwedde, in the east of the province Groningen, in the northeast of the Netherlands. The village is in the south of the region Oldambt and in the north of the region Westerwolde, situated between the river Westerwoldse Aa in the west and the canal B.L. Tijdenskanaal in the east.(53.12, 7.17) in the northeast of the municipality
The nearest city Winschoten is 8 km to the west. In between Winschoten and Bellingwolde is the village Blijham. In the northwest it is close to the village Oudeschans, which previously was called Bellingwolderschans. In the south Bellingwolde is connected with the village Vriescheloo and the hamlet Rhederbrug.
Bellingwolde is an administrative neighbourhood (Dutch: buurt) and district (Dutch: wijk). The district Bellingwolde is one of three districts in Bellingwedde, the other two being Oost and Blijham. The district Bellingwolde contains the neighbourhoods Bellingwolde, Vriescheloo, Rhederbrug (western part), Oudeschans, Klein-Ulsda, and some scattered houses.
|0–15 years old||16%||14%||17%|
|15–25 years old||10%||10%||12%|
|25–45 years old||26%||20%||26%|
|45–65 years old||28%||34%||28%|
|65+ years old||20%||22%||16%|
Of the total population 45% is married, 41% is unmarried, 8% is divorced, and 6% is widowed. The district has 1,160 households, 38% are single-person households, 32% are multi-person households without children, and 31% are multi-person households with children.
Since 2009, Bellingwolde has a state protected village area (Dutch: beschermd dorpsgezicht) with many monumental buildings among which are the Magnus Church (16th century), the Law House (17th century), the Veldkamp's Windmill (19th century), and about twenty farmhouses.
The Museum de Oude Wolden is a regional museum about the art and history of Oldambt and Westerwolde. It has a permanent exhibition of paintings by magic realist Lodewijk Bruckman and temporary exhibitions.
The secondary school Dollard College has a location with 175 students in Bellingwolde. At this school location, the students can do the first two years of vmbo, havo, and vwo, and the final two years of the vmbo theoretical program.
There are no institutions for tertiary education located in Bellingwolde.
- (Dutch) CBS StatLine, Statistics Netherlands, 2013. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Ad van der Meer & Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten 1812-2006, Data Archiving and Networked Services, 2006. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Aanwijzing beschermd dorpsgezichten Bellingwolde, gemeente Bellingwedde, Staatscourant, 2009. Retrieved on 2013-06-08.
- (Dutch) Programma, Museum de Oude Wolden, 2013. Retrieved on 2013-06-08.
- (Dutch) Basisonderwijs, Municpality Bellingwedde. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Voortgezet onderwijs, Municpality Bellingwedde. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Bellingwedde, Dollard College. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
- (Dutch) Algemene informatie, Dollard College. Retrieved on 2013-05-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bellingwolde.|
- (Dutch) J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Bellingwolde". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
- (Dutch) Bellingwolde at the website of the municipality Bellingwedde
||Beerta||Bad Nieuweschans||Bunde, Weener (Germany)|