Bellman A bellman or town crier was historically an officer of the court who made public pronouncements as required by the court. A Bellman would also be used to make public announcements in the streets. The bellman profession dates back to the Middles Ages.
|Look up bellman in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bellman may also refer to:
- The stand-by diver in a Diving bell
- Bellman (character), a character in Swedish jokes
- "Bellman", a character in Lewis Carroll's poem The Hunting of the Snark
- Bellman hangar, a prefabricated, portable aircraft hangar
- Bellman Prize, a literature prize awarded by the Swedish Academy
- Richard E. Bellman Control Heritage Award, award given by the American Automatic Control Council (AACC)
- Beatrice Bellman, a character in BT commercials
- Bellman's Head a headland point in the Stonehaven Bay, Scotland
- Bellman and True, a 1987 film
- Bellman, a prominent character and law enforcement position in the "Thursday Next" novels
People named Bellman
- Carl Michael Bellman, Swedish poet and composer
- Dmitriy Bellman, Russian artist jeweller
- Eric Bellman, psychotherapist
- Gina Bellman, New Zealand/English actress
- Jonathan Bellman, American musicologist
- Richard E. Bellman, American mathematician
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.