|Headquarters||18 Culford Gardens, Chelsea, London, UK|
|Key people||Belinda Bellville , David Sassoon , Lorcan Mullany|
Bellville Sassoon was founded in 1953 by Belinda Bellville, who retired in 1981. It became Bellville Sassoon by name in 1970 after David Sassoon, who had joined the company in 1958 and remained for some 50 years. The company is currently run by Irish fashion designer Lorcan Mullany.
Due to Sassoon's Jewish roots, Belville Sassoon has become a notable Jewish fashion house, and according to Sassoon the salon has done "a tremendous amount for weddings and barmitzvahs, because Jewish women like to dress up for these occasions. They have been very big business for us over the years."
Late 20th Century
Belville counts numerous socialites and the royal family as amongst its clientele and was the most prolific of Princess Diana's early designers. Bellville Sassoon designed her "Gonzaga dress", amongst numerous other items of clothing. Sassoon has said, "When she got engaged, her mother brought her in to us and asked us to make the going-away outfit." Aside from Diana, Bellville Sassoon has designed clothes for Princess Margaret, Princess Michael of Kent, the Duchess of York. Jackie Kennedy, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Jerry Hall, Anita Baker, Melanie Griffith, Helen Mirren, Ivana Trump, Madonna, Jada Collins and Melissa Brown and his designs have appeared on the covers of Vogue and Harper's Magazine.
- "Bellville Sassoon". FMD. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Sassoon, David; Stemp, Sinty (25 January 2009). The glamour of Bellville Sassoon. ACC Editions. ISBN 978-1-85149-575-7. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- 63rd Ed (1 January 1999). International Who's Who 2000. Europa. p. 1372. ISBN 978-1-85743-050-9. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Honeycombe, Gordon (1982). The year of the princess. M. Joseph. pp. 104–6. ISBN 978-0-7181-2146-4. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- "David Sassoon has been an A-list favourite since the sixties. Now, he’s ready to take a back seat.". JC.com. 8 January 2009. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- McDowell, Colin (1 July 2007). Diana style. Aurum. ISBN 978-1-84513-200-2. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Owen, Jane (1983). Diana, Princess of Wales: the book of fashion. Greenwich House. ISBN 978-0-517-42981-5. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Clehane, Diane (September 1998). Diana: The Secrets of Her Style. Gt Pub Corp. p. 28. ISBN 978-1-57719-348-7. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- "Bellville Sassoon". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Jet. Johnson Publishing Company. 30 September 1985. p. 16. ISSN 0021-5996. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Jet. Johnson Publishing Company. 24 October 2005. p. 32. ISSN 0021-5996. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Designer David Sassoon at Buckingham Palace. Channel 4. Retrieved 22 February 2012.